Two questions

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always been able to post images by using the [image] url [/image] code in a post. It doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Question 1: Do all pictures have to be in the image gallery or can I still refer to a pic from a standard URL?

Also, I have a link in my signature that seems to work properly when I preview a post, but when a post is viewed in a thread, only the code shows up.

Question 2: Can this be fixed?

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Above is a picture that is hosted on my website, which I have posted in the Viper forum before, with no problem. It should post here but it does not, yet I can see it posting in the preview just fine.

Edit: Well, when I checked back in here, I found that the above pic could be seen.
...And then when I "edited" this part in, and re-posted, the pic could not be seen again! So, I don't know what the **** is going on. LOL

Below is a picture from my gallery in the VCA Photo Gallery, and it posts just fine.

2801993_Viper_RT10_pushbuttonstarter_George_Farris_of_VCA-med.jpg

Reaction score
Gary,the image you are trying to load opens in a new browser window. Once you get to THAT page, you get the properties of the image itself and use that...like so:

[image]http://heffnersperformance.com/images/Heffner's%20Performance.jpg[/image ]

Though IMVVHO it is not good practice to use odd characters.spaces in filenames. It can be done, but it can also lead to problems at times. :)

I think I have addressed Q1a...Q1b is work in progress right now. :)

OP
OP
G

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As always, you're the best! Thanks. I'll give it another try.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960