Unable to access members' public profiles

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I click on a member's name, I get an option to "view public profile". However, when I do this, I get an error message:

Purdue_Boiler_Viper, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
Is this intended, or a bug?

Thanks,
Pat

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now it is intended, as we have been working through some complaints that some members didn't want their information viewable by the general public. As such, we have temporarily blocked that info unless you are a VCA Member. We are reviewing how best to handle this request and appreciate your understanding.

OP
OP
P

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just food for thought. The reason I wanted to view this was to send an email directly to a member. I sent a PM, but that can be hit or miss if the member does not have email notification turned on and doesn't log on very often.

Regarding signatures, I would suggest that you turn those back on. They provide a service to all in that they help identify a poster's car. As it is now, when I read a post I have no idea if the poster has a Gen I, II, III, what mods, etc. Just slows everything down and wastes screen and HDD space by having to ask.

JMHO!

Thanks,
Pat

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding signatures, I would suggest that you turn those back on. They provide a service to all in that they help identify a poster's car. As it is now, when I read a post I have no idea if the poster has a Gen I, II, III, what mods, etc.

you are right! and that's why you need to join the VCA - so we can read your signature and see what you are driving! :D

OP
OP
P

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. Remember I am from Indy. As far as I can tell, there are about 2 VCA members in the area, and maybe 4 in the whole IN - KY area. I would not be getting much for my $100 annually, and I am a pennypincher. :)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. Remember I am from Indy. As far as I can tell, there are about 2 VCA members in the area, and maybe 4 in the whole IN - KY area. I would not be getting much for my $100 annually, and I am a pennypincher. :)

i MIGHT buy the penny-pincher excuse if you werent driving a VIPER! :D

now, what is your fax number so we can get an application to you? :rolaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte