uneven side mirrors ???

sanguissaevus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Washing the Viper and noticed the side mirrors are not placed symmetrically on the doors between them. The passenger mirror sits about 3" back from the front of the door while the driver side sits about 1.75" from the front. Is everyone's like this? This is on a 2000 RT/10.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
My 2002 GTS is the same way.

Would not be able to see/use passenger side mirror if it was in the same location as the driver's side.

OP
OP
S

sanguissaevus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds logical. Didn't see any posts on the subject though so I thought I might have a singular case. Where is Canyon? I'm from Greenville Tx. just north of Rockwall off I-30.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my mirror glass adjusted as much as it will go and i still can't see out of it very well. ***** being short!

And Canyon, Texas is about 15 miles from Amarillo.

OP
OP
S

sanguissaevus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool. Wow, his location said North Central Texas so I was thinking it was much closer than Amarillo. Thanks.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The passenger mirror sits about 3" back from the front of the door while the driver side sits about 1.75" from the front. Is everyone's like this? This is on a 2000 RT/10.

My 2002 GTS is the same way.

Funny, I've owned my car 7 years and never noticed that. ( I'm just always awed by its overall appearance when I look at it that I missed that detail ! )

OP
OP
S

sanguissaevus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only noticed it because I was dressing that black molding that runs between the windows the mirrors and noticed one of them was tapered and shorter than the other.

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I would have never noticed if you hadn't said anything. Really, thanks. :lmao:

Actually good to know. Since my '97 has a '96 door on it, if I ever did notice I would have chalked it up to the year difference if this thread hadn't come up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang