University Dodge - Clutch Problem

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have never seen a faulty slave in 25 years unless you drove the car like a dumb ax - and sounds like you know how to drive- but maybe it happens--

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has failed before and after taking it apart, I think it is heat, age, or abrasives in the fluid; not too much different that a brake seal. How would a dumb ax driver do it?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a new slave not a old one, never seen a new faulty slave - have seen a master fail new before due to they are alot of times rebuilds. dumb ax drivers can ruin a new slave though if they are dumb axes..:smirk:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok kids, maybe i did not explain in the best terms, meaning i have never seen a new clutch slave go bad unless it was severly abused(getting the clutch super hot) did not mean that slaves do not go bad, just stated for they guy thats haveing this problem that slaves are not going defective as a general rule and to look into his problem a little further before he takes it to the people that wanted a arm and a leg labor---- and last statement was but i guess its possible...

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok kids, maybe i did not explain in the best terms,
- Indeed;)

Tom said something("abrasives in the fluid")that i'll ad to:
One thing you can do to prolong the life of a slave/master cylinder in any vehicle is to bleed the system with fresh fluid regularly:2tu:
However, in a viper this can be easy to screw up for the average person as it is easy to introduce air into the system if you dont know the proper procedure.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
How would a bad slave lock up the clutch pedal? Speshully a fairly new one. They said changing the slave fixed the problem, so exactly what was wrong with it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viperkim