Unknown Fuse

VPRFUN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Question - A local dealership has a 2008 convertible that I’m thinking of trading in to upgrade from my 2006. However, there appears to be an aftermarket fuse added - see pic. The red wire comes from the battery, through the fuse and then through a small boot grommet just under the module to somewhere into the cab or beyond. I know, I should have checked under the dash to see where it went. Does anyone know what this red wire might be for?

Thanks

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check under the seats and in the back for an aftermarket amplifier...it looks like a 60 amp fuse, and about the only reason I can think of to need something that big is an aftermarket amp to run a sub (or a decent set of components in the doors).

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is that the car used to have an aftermarket stereo which the previous owner took out when he sold the car. I've done the exact same thing myself several times. Reinstalled the original OEM radio and took out my Kenwood to use in the next car.

King_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is that the car used to have an aftermarket stereo which the previous owner took out when he sold the car. I've done the exact same thing myself several times. Reinstalled the original OEM radio and took out my Kenwood to use in the next car.

Yep, It doesn't look to be a quality install or wiring IMO either. Might want to do more research maybe ask them to pull the factory head unit out to make sure no one did a hack job on the wiring