"Use the TORQUE, Luke".......................new dyno results..........

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"Use the TORQUE, Luke\".......................new dyno results..........

We ran the old BTR 750++SuperSnake testbed on the dyno today, testing our new nitrous system and here are the results.
675 Rear Wheel Horsepower

876 Rear Wheel Torque!!

Yep, that torque is not a misprint! 876 ft/lbs to the rear wheels.

Power is down because the system ran so rich. We have a solution to the over rich mixture and will redyno after this weekends viper shootout at Moroso in West Palm Beach. Dyno sheets will be posted shortly and they will be available on my website tonite.

We also tested a NON-Propane system for those who do not wish to use propane. It generated 631 RWHP @ 755 RWTQ at 11.0 Air/Fuel.

This system is now available as an upgrade to existing BTR systems or as new kits. Please contact us for pricing.

Thanks,

Tom Http://btrviper.com
352-690-9600

97 GTS BTR 750 SS 675 RWHP @ 876 RWTQ

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \"Use the TORQUE, Luke\".......................new dyno results..........

Tom,
What are the specific differences between your old kit and the new one? I tried to get onto your website but I can't. Can get as far as picking vette or viper, the picture of the Viper comes up and then nothing else happens no matter where I click.

Reaction score

Good torque numbers. What kid of a shot was that ? Have you been to the track with that set up?

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Marc,

Sorry for your troubles, I accessed the site a minute ago with no problems.

Albert,

The hp gain was only 175 RWHP. Should have been way higher but the motor went very rich as the fuel enrichment controller engaged. A/F was 10.0 by 4500 rpm. Peak torque at 3600 rpm was with a/f of 12.5(before enrichment controller could fully enrich the mix). We have a simple cure but will wait untill after this weekends race at Moroso. There is plenty of power left to be had, we were just exctatic over the torque numbers and called it a day after we ran out of NOS jets to try.

I have not yet ran this combination at the track as we just got it all sorted out in the shop over the weekend and dynoed today. We will be running this weekend at Moroso's Viper shootout.

BTW, the correction factor was 1.01.........temp 84 degrees with humidity at 87%. Crappy if you ask me, but dynojet says that's almost perfect air.

I have had the dyno sheets scanned and if someone can help me I can post them here. (I can email them to someone to post.>>>>Thanks)

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom,
Fantastic performance results -- that's got to be best performance bargain going! I'll post your dyno sheets as soon as you can get them to me.
I look forward to seeing you crack the dragrace suspension/driveline equation now, because with that horsepower that will be your next big challenge!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's the dyno sheet from the run:

You must be registered for see images

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok Tom, I was able to get onto your site through AOL but it still doesn't work with Netscape 6. Anyway, you still haven't answered my question as to what the specific differences are with the new kit and I didn't see anything in the site. Please let us know or if it's on the website tell me where.

Thanks

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Marc,

As my schedule is very hectic, I am running a little behined on getting the info on my site. Rest assured that It will be on there soon(thanks Ben Treynor for uploading the dyno pull to this forum!!). The kit will be listed under "Our products" as will the upgrade to current kits.

Please don't ask me to disclose the exact items and calibrations as the industry is small and full of competition. The kits will contain all items necessary to make advertised power and of course the pricing is an industry low. Everyone will know and have the opportunity to copy us in time. Have every confidence that the system works as displayed on the dyno graph above. We made 15 pulls yesterday and the spark plugs look perfect.

Remember that I use MY OWN CAR for all product testing.

Feel free to contact me should you have further questions or to place your order.

Thanks,

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

BTR 750SS 97 GTS 673 RWHP @ 877 RWTQ

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score

Sorry Tony, but I am much higher in elevation here, and therefore *I* should be the one to test
smile.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang