Using Viper for advertizing

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At the risk of being laughed at...has anybody on these forums ever offered their Viper as an advertizing tool?

If so...what compensation was involved?

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Grand opening of a Sonic (drive-in burger place). There was a Viper, Cobra 427, Elise, and Model-T. The owner gave us lunch and 150.00 from 10:00 to 3:00.

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a pretty cool idea. I'm curious though. For those of you that had Vipers used in advertising, did you solicit the business or were you approached first??

OP
OP
F

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am actually thinking about placing ads on the car and have several local vendors interested. Sort of dress it up and give it a somewhat tame Nascar look, although it would remain a street car. I use the car daily. It would have to be tastefully done with removeable vinyl so that the car could easily revert back to its original look.

I want to seriously upgrade the engine and this could significantly fund my project. Judging by the lack of post responses though... this does not seem to be a very popular idea....maybe for good reason

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I advertise my business on my Viper, and have solicited other companies that could have an interest. No takers so far, but I understand the "race car" look. As is, though, my car gets plenty of attention.

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a friend that did this with her daily driver (mini van). Her insurance went up because of it. Something to do with commercial use. Food for thought!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a friend that did this with her daily driver (mini van). Her insurance went up because of it. Something to do with commercial use. Food for thought!

She's getting screwed. She's not using it for commercial use. She should get another agent or change insurance companies.

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would someone want to do that to their Viper?....Because they can. Now I hear all the time, Look a race car. Then out come the cameras taking pictures of my car with my website on the side. Darn.
Some of the guys laughed at my car until they found out how much money I got. A fellow Viper friend who gets NASCAR type sponsors helped me out with some ideas on how to do it. I wanted a wing and the race car look so the advertising paid for the wing and I got the race car look.

5842bumble_bee_2.jpg

OP
OP
F

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas Tim. Really think my car has potential
Incidently..called my insurance agent and since the general use of the car is unchanged...insurance remains the same

9457Mvc-030f-med.jpg

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the bumblee bees new nick name. Poser Mobile. I have a girl coming in pretty quick so I have to go get it out of the garage in case she wants to pose with it. It's a tuff job..........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi