VA/MD Viper vs. Corvette Challenge for 2006

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We’ve been invited to meet with the Corvette Club of Virginia at Virginia Motorsports Park (http://www.virginiamotorsportspk.com) in Petersburg, VA to look over an autocross and begin planning the VA/MD VCA vs. Corvette Club of VA Challenge for 2006. The track will be open from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Oct 9. Charles Hawkins (804) 301-6567 or (804) 254-1770, president of the Corvette Club of Virginia, can get us free “worker” passes to get in to the race track to look it over. If you want to run the drag strip it will cost about $25 or so. Please make direct coordination with Charles before 3:00 PM on Oct 4 if you would like to meet with them on Oct 9.

The Beachcombers Corvette Club from the tidewater area will also be there on Oct 9. From what I hear they are really into autocross.

I’m planning on arriving at Virginia Motorsports Park about 2:00 PM. If others are going we could meet for lunch in Colonial Heights and caravan to Virginia Motorsports Park. Let me know if you’re interested in meeting for lunch.

Howard

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I’ve not heard from anyone about meeting with the Corvette Club of Virginia on Oct 9. I can still get you into the event for free as a “worker” if you are available.

If you want to run your Viper the following approximate times will be available for the Vipers:
Sat. Oct 8 Test and Tune Drag Race 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Sun Oct 9 Test and Tune Drag Race 12:00 – 4:00 PM
Sun Oct 9 Autocross 2:00 – 4:00 PM

The drag race is $30 and the autocross is $25.

Sunday may be the best day to run your car. Showers are forcast for Petersburg on Saturday.

Howard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi