Vandalism....by sand!

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went out to the parking garage at my girlfriend's college (Gallaudet) and found that someone has dumped a bucket of sand over top of my '94 Viper. Asking around we found out that it's been that way since at least 2:00 this afternoon. It's a very very fine sand (about the consistency of flour) but it IS sand. It's not cement or plaster (thank god) as it doesn't dissolve in water.

Any hints on how to get this stuff off without severely scratching my paint? The paint was near perfect before. There are no marks where anyone rubbed it or anything like that so I'm hoping it's not too bad underneath. The car also had a very fresh (~2 weeks ago) coat of Zaino.

I haven't done anything stupid like start it or try to move it.

I've already bought a 12-volt vacuum cleaner and started removing some of it but decided to wait and have an insurance adjuster have a look at it just in case.

Also, if I catch these guys I might just be on here looking for bail money.
wink.gif

--Rob

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing they dumped it on the hood? The worst is probably done when it was initially dumped. I'd hose it off or leaf blower like Craig said.

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you would like a little help giving those vandals a good beating let me know. That is just
bs[1].gif
that someone has to do something that stupid out of spite. BTW I've got the bail $$.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God this kind of thing pi$$es me off.
Be sure to call the cops and inform the college cops too if it was on campus. Check for security cameras that might have recorded the incident. If there's construction on campus see if the sand looks like it might have come from a site. Maybe someone saw the Perps. College kids brag. Someone will know who did this.

I have to deal with beach sand which is on all the roads in my Florida home...the big rear tires pick it up and it adheares to the car's rear end. Water gently applied washes it away without scratches. I've had some scratches from sand lodging under the car cover as well. Zanio worked great in covering the scratches.

Good luck getting these A$$ holes...Paul

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did any get on the hood, and possibly into the air inlet??-- you don't want any in your blower fan. Might need to remove the air intake box and clean it.
Later,

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now you see what it's like where I live. Between the tumbleweeds and the sand its a little rough on cars.

Here's our local High Schools with its mascot.

You must be registered for see images

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I grew up in west texas, my dad was a wild cater... so
we'd drill oil well after oil well and move on to the next
pasture. I can remember as a kid many dust storms and bloody
noses from the dust. I don't think I could do that now and
its still plenty dusty here in Dallas as it is.

I remember my mom putting moist towels around the doors and windows
in an attempt to keep the dust out of the house. wow...

OP
OP
R

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who may be wondering, the sand came off using a little vacuuming and gentle rinsing. There were no scratches that I could see and everything is fine now. I was really worried when I tried to rinse off the last film-like coating from the sand and the water had NO effect. A little Zaino and VERY gentle sponging took it off though. *WHEW* I've spent the last couple days cleaning sand out of various nooks and crannies but most of it was on the back of the car. Very little got into the ventilation system and the vacuum hose took care of that.

As for who did it, Gallaudet is more like a small town than most other universities; everyone knows what everyone else is doing. There are tons of people keeping an eye out for who did this now. We'll find 'em eventually. Just because they're deaf doesn't mean they're not normal college kids.

--Rob

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My mom used to teach art at Gallaudet before I was born. I have to wonder... if you are dating a girl in college, either we are about the same age or you are a stud. Did you ever go to B.F.C.D.S. for 7th and 8th grade?

Seifer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you do catch them, take an iron container, mouth down, and place it on their stomach. Lift the container a bit and put some mice or rats inside. Then heat the container up from the outside with a flame. As it begins to get hot, the mice want to escape, but there is no way out except through the mouth of the cauldron. So they begin to gnaw through the person's stomach and do so until the person dies.

Either that, or catch them all and take them and line them up against a wall - all blindfolded. Get a few of your buddies with shotguns to help you. Blindfold them, and tie their hands behind their backs, facing the shooters. Have 3 shooters ready with shotguns, but only ONE of them has shells ...the other 2 have blanks. Therefore, only ONE of the vandals will die, but all of them will be scared $hitless!
supergrin.gif
Take the ones who survive and do #1 on them (not piss on them, but the torture #1
supergrin.gif
)

No more sand on your Viper!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950