VCA MEMBER SRT OWNER NEEDS HELP BADLY!!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an owner who is having problems logging in to ask for help with the car, it sounds like a bad situation so I am cutting and pasting the email here to get exposure for the owner who will at least be able to read the responses and you will be able to email the owner with questions and advice. My first suggestion was to put a new battery in, be a shame if they have not tried that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Owner says...

Hello,

My name is Kelly Phillips; I am a Viper Club member # 21537 since 2005. I was trying to logon with no success. I need help with a mechanical problem maybe another member has experienced.

Four weeks ago while driving my 2005 SRT10 race yellow, convertible Viper, all systems broke down.

The speedometer, odometer and gages all shut down, along with the air conditioning system. I purchased the Viper in Dallas, Texas in Sept. of 2005, It has 1,500 miles on it. I took the car to a local dealership with a certified Viper tech. They have had the car for four weeks and still can’t find the problem. Per the Service manager, they first replaced the Body Control Module, then the Ignition Switch. They are now looking for a short in the electrical system.

I am very frustrated at this point and want my car or a viper rep to explain my options. If you have any advice please contact me at....

[email protected]

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, if you have nothing, then it is electrical. A Viper tech should be able to run it down, but it has to be close to either the switch (the ignition) or the power source (the battery) given that nothing is working. This should not take four weeks to diagnose. Flat bed it to another dealer.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like the vehicle may have been flooded at one time. Was it new when you bought it? Was it always at the place where you bought it? There were many cars totalled in Florida last year that looked perfect in every way but were flooded above the side bolsters during the hurricanes. The same applies to thousands of cars that were in Lousiana, Mississippi, and Alabama during the Katrina hit. If it was flooded, it may not be fixable. I do not understand why their diagnostic handheld computer cannot determine the cause. Have them fly down Chuck Tator from New York State on their dime. If he cannot fix it, no one can. In the alternative, if possible, as ViperJohn said, apply the Lemon Law if you qualify under it. You might want to go online to the Texas Attorney General's web site and see if they have a Consumer Law sub web page which contains Lemon Law information. Good luck!

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee sounds like the car has been flooded. I know Tim here fixed my wiring problem on my race car when know one else could find it at Viper Days it was a speed sensor. Have him call me and I will try and help if it is not fixed by now.