Vec 2 got wet anyone have an extra one for sale?

steelskeet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went through the car wash and forgot to cover the damn thing up.
My check engine light went off and I pulled the code Po204 #4 injector. I called ART who did the work on my car and that's when he asked if I had gone through a car wash recently. It was an oh **** moment when I realized what I had done.

Anyway going to send mine in to be re-worked. Just looking to see if anyone was selling one cheap to get me back on the road with no down time.

Will

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must have really got it soaked because Ive washed (actually just rinsed) and forgot to cover it. Immediately I opened the hood, checked, and covered the VEC.

Luckily nothing shorted.

:usa:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didn't even know the Vec had to covered when I first bought my Roe Viper. Only once did I find a hands free car wash that didn't have 4" of pipe (guides) sticking out of the floor. Washed it by hand a lot of times and never had a problem. I bought instructions with my second Viper and always cover the Vec now though.

Sorry to hear of you bad luck

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
relx, take the cover off, blow it dry gently and let it sit. it'll be fine. per chuck tator (2004)

OP
OP
S

steelskeet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum- I contacted Roe and they told me basically the same thing.
Open up the Vec. spray contact cleaner and use a soft tooth-brush
to clean the contacts and everything should be fine.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum- I contacted Roe and they told me basically the same thing.
Open up the Vec. spray contact cleaner and use a soft tooth-brush
to clean the contacts and everything should be fine.

I have one that I will sell if that doesn't work.

Good luck

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always heard the best thing you can do when you drop a cell phone in water is to remove the battery and dry it out by covering it up in a bowl of uncooked rice. The rice draws out the moisture.

I took my 96 to a wand wash a couple of weeks back and never thought about my Vec 3. Did not cover it at all and no problem.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya the stupid rice thing dont work---but leavin it apart on my trucks dashboard in the sun does---but only leave it there for about a hour at a time--let cool off and do it again

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually fabricated a small aluminum perk that mine sits on now. Gets it about 1/2 inch off the footwell. I noticed when washing that water puddles pretty good in that location so getting the VEC "in the air" a bit lets me wash it now without covering it up.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the drying doesn't work and the other things fall through, contact Mike (99RT/10). I think he might have a VEC II.

OP
OP
S

steelskeet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It worked!

Opened up the Vec sprayed some contact cleaner, gave it an hour
to dry and its good as new. Thanks for the advice and loaner offers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang