velcroed the driver side floormat today.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At the stop light I punched my viper off the line. And my floor got stuck on the gas pedal . It was a close call. I immediatly engaged the clutch. And the RPMs was bouncing off the rev limiter for about 6 seconds or so. I pulled over right away and shut off the motor. Then pulled out my floormat.

You guys think that I damaged my engine or shortened its life by letting it rev so long? I didnt hear any unsual engine noise driving my car back home. Thank you,respectfully.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not the smartest on engines here, but I would doubut you hurt the engine. Afterall, that is what the revlimiter is made for.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never understood why you guys have these floormat problems. I have the stock floormats in my car and most of the pins are broken off the back and they still dont move any. I also have a mint condition stock floormat set for carshows w/all the pins still on the back and they dont move either.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Punch a hole through the top corners near the seat, gromment it and wire tie it to the seat frame. 5 minutes and foolproof.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same issue here, I am using my Lexus mat on the drivers side for now, problem solved.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am with Chad on this one. I have a set Snake Oyl mats and they never move on me. To weird why some have this problem and others don't.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it may have to do with how they get in and out of the car. If they put a leg in first, plant ******* the floor and twist..... Where as if others put their back side first and swing their legs in there would not be an issue. But I find it hard to believe anyone does the back side and swing, not cool.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Dukes of Hazard window moves for the Viper dudes! I'll pay attention to this potentially fatal event by checking that mat in the future. Thanks.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago in my '96. I gunned it out of a stoplight and the accelerator stuck behind the floor mat. It scared the $hit out of me. Now I am constantly reaching down and pulling it back out of the way. I guess a permanent fix would probably be better, eh?

Bob K

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sick and tired of my mat, it ****** me off everytime I get in the car, I must fix it 20 times per ride.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi