Venom 800 Twin Turbo for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I noticed the Venom 800 Twin Turbo is for sale on ebay, and now with a posted 0-60 of 2.4 sec!

What tires were used for this performance?

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by slaughterj on March 23, 2001 at 16:31</font>

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John....always happy to help out a fellow car enthusiast....in fact, I am sure that it would have looked great next to my RT/10 or my 360 Spyder...but alas, I did not get my order in and find myself in deep despair....crestfallen that I cannot have the exclusivity of a car in my garage that is not done yet, advertised for sale, spec'd out, but not done and still being tested....it would have gone great next to that V10 Durango...oh darn...that is not done yet either....I must go...my Aspestos Removal business is just taking up too much of my time these days and my side business as a tuner is starting to show real promise if I could just get that pesky customer service problem taken care of....is that the phone ringing???? guess not, besides I won't return the call anyway....Glad to be of help....BTW-maybe I will give you a call to put my order in just to see how long it takes for you to get me the car....I sure hope you do not want a deposit. RE: the F50 Ferrari and 349 people who bought them....well as soon as you take on all the repsonsibilty of actually manufacturing an automobile....maybe you will get that kind of price and those kind of sales #'s. Again, glad to be of service.

Economies of Scale my Friend...

Top Line Revenue for Ferrari on the F50 $174,500,000.00 (one year)

Top Line Revenue for HMS on the Venom 800 $975,000.00 (So far per HMS)

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, I don't think any tunner offers a car that will most likely do high nines on pump gas......my hats off to you and your team for such an accomplishment. I only wish I could afford this kind of luxury. (Still trying to find a true phsyic that can give me those 6 numbers)

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a few years back there not many options for those interested in juicing their Snakes. Now we've got extremely potent strokers (TNT), blowers (Doug Levin) and finally twin turbo packages(Wes Coppen at Grant Performance and soon Hennessey Motorsports) that you can put in your garage. It takes a hell of a lot of work to create a business that can offer products like this. I'm glad we've got folks like the shops listed above that have the balls to do it. Like the Viper itself these modifications will be tasted by only a few, lusted after by many and have an exclusive price of admission. So be it, I'm glad to have the options available to those that can afford them. I don't blame any business for getting the best price for their product, that's how you stay in business. And I'm delighted the TT nut is being cracked in Viperland.

Paul Fischer

No F50
No 800TT
And looking to install enough sprinklers to buy another GTS

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BURN R8......HEY U ARE A REAL RIOT!WHATS YOUR CLAIM TO FAME?IS BILL GATES OR PAUL ALLEN ONE OF YOUR NEIGHBORS? ARE U ONE OF THOSE DOT.COM FLAME OUTS.LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING U AT VOI THIS YEAR AND LISTENING TO YOUR THOUGHTS ON CORPORATE AMERICA, MAYBE WE CAN PICK UP SOME TIPS FROM YOU ON HOW TO RUN A HIGH PERFORMANCE AFTER MARKET TUNING BUSINESS.BEST REGARDS!P.S. IS IT STILL RAINING AS USUAL IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON?

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 800 twin is already being advertised in the Robb Report for $195k!!!!.....that basically means that HMS thinks their mods are worth $125k....OH MY GOD!!! that gives a whole new meaning to "ROB" Report....maybe it should be in the Robbery Report and from what I can tell from the posts on this site the car is still very much in R&D.....not this cowboy...not ever would I step for that car at that price

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake Eyes...your are a VC? cool....dude that is a hard business...what deals have you done that I(we) would know about? what is your IRR? are you a full partner?? what is your personal carried interest?? and who's money do you manage???? Thank you also for the Geographical reference...but sorry.....not a MSFT guy.....P/E to me is not something you do after math class...BTW John's numbers rock....I just hope the scatter shield holds up after he sells it....give my love to Tejas......I did not appreciate your response, but ALL CAPS is kind of passe' and actually this is a Viper board so if I popped off too soon then I apologize....I am sure I will see you at VOI in a Venom 8--?....I have some Kevlar pants if you want to borrow them.....

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This looks like the original discussion has denegrated into a pi$$ing match. For all who are interested, I will summarize:

The price of an 800TT is high.
HMS has yet to verify many of the claims made in the eBay post.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And after all that *******, I never got my question answered?! (I.e., on what tires for those times?)

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by slaughterj on March 26, 2001 at 15:20</font>

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually, I do know that and that is why I referenced top line revenue and not bottom line....more volume more leverage on COGS and thus better margin....5 cars purchased and then tuned versus 349 cars built from the ground up....Ferrari wins hands down....it was not my comparison to begin with but Apples and Oranges can sometimes live together.....RE SIR...been there a bunch when I used to drag motorcycles....kinda like the surface of the moon on the strip there ;-)....I heard that it has been sold and that it is going to be turned into a huge housing development...that is a total bummer.....I have not had the RT out there yet...I guess I better hurry.

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So John, please explain for this "girl"...
Is that 0 to 60 time of 2.4 seconds real, projected or imagined?
How was it measured or calculated?
What tires were used for that (ETs?), and what type of road surface?

Status
Not open for further replies.