Venom Wheels, polished with hyper black pockets - Pics!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought these for the street. I'll save the Sidewinder II's and Corsas for track days.

I could not be happier! These wheels are bad ass. Brightly polished faces. The pockets look like metallic grey powder coat, which is not what I was expecting for hyper black. They're a little dusty, fresh out of the box, but you get the idea.

As Viper Parts of America pointed out, I don't believe these have shown up on any of the pre-production Vipers to date. These are the first pics, as far as I know!

Attachments

• wheel1.jpg
    wheel1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 538
  • wheel4.jpg
    wheel4.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 467

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered my car with the Track pack and Hyper black wheels, and I had the intention to get the front face polished too !
Looks really nice !
I did not know you could get Gen V wheels already, your car will look good with both sets anyway

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those look sick. I would love to see them on a Gen ll GTS. Perferably mine :D

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Parts of America now carries ALL of the Gen V wheels. Great to work with, I'll be buying more from them in the future. The gentleman that I ordered from is the one that wrote the Gen V test drive article in Viper Magazine, very knowledgable about all-things Viper. He weighed the wheels, which helped me decide whether to get another set of light weight Sidewinder II's, or go with the Venoms:

Sidewinder II's:
Front: 18.7 pounds
Rear: 23.1 pounds

Venoms:
Front: 24 pounds
Rear: 28 pounds

Very light for the size of these. The rear Venom felt feather-light for it's massive 13" x 19" dimensions.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Parts of America now carries ALL of the Gen V wheels. Great to work with, I'll be buying more from them in the future. The gentleman that I ordered from is the one that wrote the Gen V test drive article in Viper Magazine, very knowledgable about all-things Viper. He weighed the wheels, which helped me decide whether to get another set of light weight Sidewinder II's, or go with the Venoms:

Sidewinder II's:

Venoms:

Very light for the size of these. The rear Venom felt feather-light for it's massive 13" x 19" dimensions.

Good info,
Thanks for sharing

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i went with hyper black venoms. surprised they didnt come with tires. How much were those bad boyz?

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i went with hyper black venoms. surprised they didnt come with tires. How much were those bad boyz?

You're gonna love 'em, Rick. $4800 smackers. I'm holding off on tires until just before my car arrives, on the chance that another tire will come available that fits the Gen V. If Michellin ends up making Pilot Super Sports in our sizes, that's my rubber of choice. Otherwise, no biggie, I'll run the PZeros. Not a bad tire, just a little dated compared to the Super Sports.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice. I just replaced all 4 p-zero's on the Bentley yesterday...$2k...ouch! but u gotta have good rubber, traction, even tread and great performance. affects everything from speed to gas mileage to balance. othwise its like getting the LED HD TV but ordering basic cable service. ;) As for the GTS, I was set on venoms but was a close call between hyper black and the hyper pockets that you got. i like 'em both. those wheels are exciting; i cant wait to see this thing in person. I'm hearing a Launch Edition arrives next week at a local dealer...definitely gonna check it out.:cool:

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some better shots of the polished Venoms with Hyper Black pockets. I had P Zeros mounted this weekend for my daily drivers, getting ready for the snake, which should arrive within a month!

Nice contrast between the faces and pockets, makes 'em pop. The stack of 4 is taller than my son, LOL

The wheels didn't come with center caps, I'm going to call Viper Parts of America tomorrow. Appreciate the great price from Viper Parts of America on the tires too, I shopped around and no one came close to their price. Free shipping as well.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sidewinder II's:

Venoms:

With this good info its a no brainer which wheels to get for the best performance and unsprung weight.