Very nice RT10 Sub replacement

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just replaced my stock sub with a Precision Power PM-654 mid base driver. I remember them being a really good car Audio company back in the early 90's but havent heard much about them since, but for $29 shipped from Amazon, I couldnt go wrong. I also ordered a pair of their components for my doors which havent arrived yet. The fitment of this sub is PERFECT with the exception of the logo being askew if you do not wish to drill new holes in your car for mounting. But the speaker grill covers that.

You must be registered for see images attach

Look at that massive magnet!!!

you will need to put the plastic grill it comes with in first and tap it into the oem location for a nice snug fit.

Finished product looks bone stock with the exception of the logo on the grill. If you look you can see the logo on the speaker itself is lined up but if you wish to center it, just drill new holes into the center console for the speaker.

The sound is much better than stock and has some really solid mid base kick to it. I tested it using some AC/DC and it handles the stock AMP power nicely!!! Remember its only a 6.5" wooffer guys, so I wasnt expecting much out of it. But if I add a nice 8-10" powered sub somewhere for the low end, it would sound REALLY REALLY good, even with my crappy stock door speakers for now. Im hoping the components balance it out nicely. All in all I feel with a speaker upgrade the old Viper's sound system is not that bad at all..

OP
OP
D

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also installed a set of Precision Power PH2.65 compnents up front, but the one woofer arrived DOA and the set sounded like crap IMO. Im returning them and just ordered a set of JL Audio C2-650 Components. I had a similar series from JL in one of my old cars and they sounded awesome. I should have just ordered the JL audio in the first place. I also think Im gonna do a JL audio footwell subwoofer for low end.

Any suggestion on a decent headunit and amp?

Zagzoo71

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also installed a set of Precision Power PH2.65 compnents up front, but the one woofer arrived DOA and the set sounded like crap IMO. Im returning them and just ordered a set of JL Audio C2-650 Components. I had a similar series from JL in one of my old cars and they sounded awesome. I should have just ordered the JL audio in the first place. I also think Im gonna do a JL audio footwell subwoofer for low end.

Any suggestion on a decent headunit and amp?

I installed a planetaudio flip out screen in my 96 rt. company is out of california price very reasonable. Added 2 new amps (2000w each) in the trunk, new rear speakers (polk audiomodel# DXi6501) for the rears. Under $600.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper