very strange noise in rear of the car. very strange

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was out for a ride tonight, had the radio turned up fairly loud, and start hearing some very strange noise in the rear of my car. at first i thought it was the stereo. i turn off the stereo and the noise gets much louder. i thought i had a flat but it rode fine. it sounded almost like a flat tire or some kind of strange grinding noise. i put it into nuetral to coast to where i can pull off the road. i coast for a little bit and all of a sudden the noise stops. i get out and can't find anything wrong. i have no idea what it was but it sounded terrible. any ideas? :dunno: p.s. it ran fine with no noises the rest of the way home.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just a hiway that u did not listen to in the past--- forget about it and go home-----

OP
OP
W

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st thought is you were dragging something, hope that is all it was

:drive:

definitely possible. i didn't notice anything on the road but stranger things have happened. i was also thinking about something mechanical like gears but the noise went away. i would think if it was gears the noise wouldn't go away.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did ya drive over a vette?

now THAT'S funny:lmao:

if it were ME, I would put it on a lift and check it out, maybe like someone else said 'troubleshoot' it and drive on another kind of road. if it was quiet, then it would make me think something either in your tire or the suspension. check your wheel bearings too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang