VIDEO: MOTORWEEK SRT VIPER T/A Road Test...

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great review but they didn't show braking and slalom numbers as I wanted to see if the TA's could place at or close to the top of their rankings.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very positive review. I'm curious as I haven't watched their reviews...are they normally so positive about vehicles they review? Do they typically tend to report on the positives and gloss over any negatives in order to please the manufacturers? This one sounded a lot like a promotional video for the car...which as we all know is completely deserving of praise for all the reasons they highlighted!

kenphjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've seen watching Motorweek,they won't hesitate to tell you if they feel there is a downside to the car they are reviewing-or if they don't feel it is as good as a previous model of the same car-I feel they are fair in their reviews and this was a glowing review of the TA

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great review. I think Motorweek does a better job with their reviews than most of the magazines.
I just watched the program on a big screen and wonder if Orange TA #31 used in the Motorweek test, is the same one SRT has been sending around for testing.
If SRT ends up selling it to the public, I sure hope the buyer knows beforehand that it has had the snot beat out of it. Would make someone a great dedicated track car if you could get it for the right price!

TitleMine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm curious as I haven't watched their reviews...are they normally so positive about vehicles they review?

I'm a longtime fan. They're like the Bob Ross of car reviews-if you listen, there were some problems mentioned-tough to hang on at the limit, rough ride, etc.-but the whole demeanor of the presenter is very positive. That said, they've had much more critical reviews; I think they loved the car, and who wouldn't? I love my GTS ACR, but man is the TA outrageously good looking. Best. Viper. Ever.

bobafett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great review....love that orange

Great review. I think Motorweek does a better job with their reviews than most of the magazines.
I just watched the program on a big screen and wonder if Orange TA #31 used in the Motorweek test, is the same one SRT has been sending around for testing.
If SRT ends up selling it to the public, I sure hope the buyer knows beforehand that it has had the snot beat out of it. Would make someone a great dedicated track car if you could get it for the right price!

I actually wanted # 31, not so much anymore...

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How bad could you beat it up just tracking it? That's why it was built! Honestly, drag racing would probably be the only thing i'd be concerned about, especially the clutch.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How bad could you beat it up just tracking it? That's why it was built! Honestly, drag racing would probably be the only thing i'd be concerned about, especially the clutch.

Take one Viper, add several magazine journalists, lap after lap of balls out driving, numerous high rev clutch dumps and a complete disregard for a car you don't own and will never see again = having the snot beat out of it!