VIDEO of GTS vs M5

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was impressive if the M5 is making 680 at the rear. How much power are you putting down? Also, from 60 did you start in 2nd or 3rd?

Nice car BTW!

OP
OP
M

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will find out Friday, going to the dyno then. Hoping for 620-650. I started in third. He has some short gears(3.64) and needed to shift way to soon, that's when I got past him and it just kept pulling.

z76232

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Madduc
I just picked up a 97 GTS, went from a 02 Z06. While the GTS is fast, I'm not sure it's faster than my Z06 was. How much I'm I looking at to ROE S/C my GTS? I want to make sure my old Z06 buddies are left behind like what you did to your friend.
Thanks
Dave

OP
OP
M

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Madduc
I just picked up a 97 GTS, went from a 02 Z06. While the GTS is fast, I'm not sure it's faster than my Z06 was. How much I'm I looking at to ROE S/C my GTS? I want to make sure my old Z06 buddies are left behind like what you did to your friend.
Thanks
Dave

That really depends on whatelse you do along with it. For just the basic S/C set-up your looking at $7500. I TRIED to make sure of everything else that would help or prevent any failures due to the extra HP. I also did; upgraded radiator and fan unit, roller rockers, larger throttle bodies,water/**** injection, flywheel and complete clutch set-up, half shafts and safety loops, voltage booster for the fuel pump, complete exhaust including headers, better brakes and SS lines, and it all adds up. Your best bet is to call and talk to Sean at ROE and see how fast you want to go$$$. It's a blast to drive!!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
um, i believe this is a no-no.

13. The Viper Club of America nor its sponsors condone illegal street racing. As such, there will be no posts promoting or reporting such activity. This includes descriptions, pictures, or videos. The VCA encourages you to "take it to the track" and drive safely.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Madduc
Thanks
Dave
Trust me your GTS is ALOT faster than your Z06! :lmao:

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Madduc
Thanks
Dave

Dave- it depends. If all your buds have older Z06's your fine. If they have a newer z06 your gonna want some help. Just remember, it took GM over ten years to surpass what the Viper put out in '92. You should expect to pick up about 150rwhp w/ an 8# on the Roe.

Congrats on the new car! Best color choice IMO :2tu:

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will find out Friday, going to the dyno then. Hoping for 620-650. I started in third. He has some short gears(3.64) and needed to shift way to soon, that's when I got past him and it just kept pulling.

Anyone that thinks that 3.55 gears will make their viper faster should watch the video.:drive:

DrDJ

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gears in a viper are the most horrible investment.......money NOT well spent, we are not talking 5.0 mustangs here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456