VIDEO: SRT VIPER vs. C6 Z06 Roll Race...

DingDong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do NOT believe that C6Z was stock. (and I'm a "Corvette guy" so that isn't blind vette hatred talking)

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told the C6Z has a few bolt-ons. I know the Viper is 100% stock, other than the MCS coil-overs and Forgeline wheels I sold him.

DingDong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

That sounds about right... Bolted on headers, cam, heads and tune mean 570+ RWHP on a Z06 - which I'm guessing this one had.

Aerodynamics would be about the same, weight would be about the same, gearing is similar, torque curves are close... Viper should have 560-570 RWHP... That puts the outcome of this race right where I would expect it.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way the vettes stock lol.

Honestly though.

Stock z06 trapps 124 to 126 mph with 450 rwhp
Stock genV trapps 127 to 129 mph with 550 rwhp

All a z06 needs is headers intake exhaust and a tune to hit 490 rwhp and it will nearly hang with a genV

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering you can get z06s all day long for 35k. Its a hell of a value. Invest 7k in all the boltons and you have near genV performance for 42k

DingDong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agreed cashcorn, but you're still just driving a Dodge.

Both are amazing cars that will run with (pass by...) most exotics!

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with cashcorn......Id buy one tomorrow and mod it if it had a lil more clout

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dingdong. A Dodge Viper is in a differant realm than a corvette. Ive owned both and the experience is night and day.

Id wager that a 1996 gts viper would get more car live from folks than a 2012 z06 at most venues.

Some it matters and some it dosent but it sure never hurts being in the kool car

Ev1E9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did any of you notice, with the exception of the last run, the car on the outside almost always won? The car on the outside was able to carry a little more momentum than the car on the inside because of the banking. The car in the inside doesn't have that advantage.

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's possible that due to the curve radius being larger for the outside lane, whichever car is using that outside lane needs to travel slightly faster, to catch up or pace with the car on the inside lane, so that both cars appear to race from the same point on the straight. Another factor might be the angle drop being larger for the outside lane car, since the track is banked more and more away from the inside lane margin. Both vehicles should start on a straight to eliminate any lane bias.

DingDong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister, thanks for the clarification! I didn't realize a dodge was superior to a Chevrolet! Thanks for the lesson!!!

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering you can get z06s all day long for 35k. Its a hell of a value. Invest 7k in all the boltons and you have near genV performance for 42k

You could also spend $7K on a go cart and have vette-like performance for $7K, although your probability of getting laid by a non-fat chick will be even worse than it is with a vette.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rolex isn't much better than a Seiko, either. But, I know which one I would value more, and have a little more pride in ownership of. I love Corvettes, but they are not Vipers. I've owned them at the same time, and will likely get a C7Z06 too. But, they are not Vipers.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rolex isn't much better than a Seiko, either. But, I know which one I would value more, and have a little more pride in ownership of. I love Corvettes, but they are not Vipers. I've owned them at the same time, and will likely get a C7Z06 too. But, they are not Vipers.
Exactly. :D

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Muscle Mustang And Fast Ford Drag Test my Gen 4 at Englishtown NJ and ran 11.2 at near 130 (bone stock -stock tires )In slightly warmer weather again at E-Town they ran a stock Zo6 11.3 at 127 SAME DRIVER SAME TRACK the Gen 5 should win Now IF the drivers are not of the same ability thats a different story so is a roll on race where someone ALWAYS hits the gas sooner

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62