VIN#S ARE OUT, Will THEY SELL 200????

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, the vin#s have been assigned to the 1st Edition 06 SRT/10 Coupe, got mine August 16th, last four digits are 0458....

Only 200 hundred 1st Editions being made.

I showed you mine, now show me yours, are the 200 hundred being made going to be sold?

Or will they sell the 80? Blue Verts first???

And on another note, my prayers and thoughts out to the Hurricane Katrina Victims..the loss in the Affected states is heart breaking and staggering...God Bless...

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my VIN on August 16th as well for 1st Edition 06 SRT-10 Coupe. The last four digits are : 0488. I have been advised to expect a completion date on Sep. 14th. I think it has been established that the VIN's are not consecutive. Looks as though we probably will be able to document first impressions at about the same time (actually, I'll probably have mine first as I only live about 180 miles "up the road" and plan to pick up at CAAP).

Congrats!!

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was told by the dealer that it may be a month before the car arrives. I was also told it was one of the first six.

Bob K

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i used to work at a world-wide manufacturer of earth moving equipment.

The first unit off the assembly line, was nevered numbered "1" for many reasons. A bogus "first" number was created such as 158, 391, whatever.

does Dodge do this too, or can you tell which one is truly the "number one"?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i used to work at a world-wide manufacturer of earth moving equipment.

The first unit off the assembly line, was nevered numbered "1" for many reasons. A bogus "first" number was created such as 158, 391, whatever.

does Dodge do this too, or can you tell which one is truly the "number one"?

it's the one with the practice scuffs :D

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Orders well exceeded the number built by almost 3 to 1, and we have many customers we will not be able to get a Blue and White for who gave us deposits. Fortunately DC is doing a blue car and silver stripes can also be added, so many have opted for that combination. The 84 Blue Convertibles are surprisingly less known ,as this was a surprise build, and many are just finding out about these few ragtops.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here is a good gauge on movement using ourselves as an example. We have two cars in I status , 2 in D1, and all the rest in E or G. The cars are all moving, so I think deliveries in September are extremely likely.

Hope this helps those getting these first Coupes?

Jerry Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a good gauge on movement using ourselves as an example. We have two cars in I status , 2 in D1, and all the rest in E or G. The cars are all moving, so I think deliveries in September are extremely likely.

Hope this helps those getting these first Coupes?
Bill,

could you elaborate as to what the different status stages mean.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Without getting into too much detail, once a car goes into D1 status it has a scheduled build date. This is fairly accurate, but with a hand built car like the Viper it can vary a bit. Once we see other letter designations we know it is moving down the line. I is often the most important letter status to look for as it lets you know the vehicle is in Final Inspection. Often they go directly to KZ status ( shipping ) after that, though with the Gen IIIs and a more definitive build procedure, we do see many go to J ( storage ) status for a longer period of time than in past years. Once a car goes to KZ , unlike other DC products, it is often only a week before the car arrives at the Dealership.

Jerry Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without getting into too much detail, once a car goes into D1 status it has a scheduled build date. This is fairly accurate, but with a hand built car like the Viper it can vary a bit. Once we see other letter designations we know it is moving down the line. I is often the most important letter status to look for as it lets you know the vehicle is in Final Inspection. Often they go directly to KZ status ( shipping ) after that, though with the Gen IIIs and a more definitive build procedure, we do see many go to J ( storage ) status for a longer period of time than in past years. Once a car goes to KZ , unlike other DC products, it is often only a week before the car arrives at the Dealership.
Thanks