Viper at American LeMans

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Got this note fron Eric Burch of CarSportAmerica, formerly America Viper racing, concerning the race last Sunday:

"All went pretty well, the car was running great. Fastest a Viper has ever gone at Mosport, including Oreca. We were within 0.2seconds of the previous track record with our qualifying.

"We had a puncture in the first hour which moved us from 13th to 33rd, and finished 14th overall. In all, we would have been 7th or 8th overall had it not been for that, but oh well. Still our best race in a while!"

Great report and effort!! Would like to see more support for this car/team. Would be nice to have O. Beretta back in the driver's seat.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They did have a former ORECA Viper driver piloting the car. Jean-Phillippe Belloc. Beretta on the other hand fully trashed his Panoz LMP by stuffing a wall late in the race. I believe at that point they were in 2nd place.

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The CarSport Team will have two Vipers at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis. this weekend (8/22-24). They are a great team and deserve our support! It would be great to have some of our WI, IL, Min, owners here for the race. I will be at the Corvette Corral with my red '93 Viper at 10:30 on Sat. or call my work cell anytime at 303-809-2768.

OP
OP
George Farris

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Ferraris won GTS today at Road America today (8/24/03). vette 2nd another Ferrari 3rd. Vipers didn't do so hot.

Beretta 3rd in a LMP900.