N

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen_V_LA.PNG

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never heard that about the Laguna premium leather interior before. I've seen pretty much every gen v video and never heard Ralph or anyone mention that that grade leather is the first time being used in a car. According to the video that grade leather was previously used only on business jets....Very interesting bit of info if accurate.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, the reason why I ask is because in V10enomous' "another you tube video" thread http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/659089-Another-New-Gen-V-Youtube the gunmetal looks a lot darker: basically one shade lighter than black. This is also the case in the recent Viper 2013 catalog. I guess it must be the lighting, but the stripes seem a lot lighter, closer to silver than gunmetal.
It's the same car as in that video. The lighting greatly affects how the gunmetal stripes look. When I shot some photos of that car inside the SEMA show I used both my digital camera and the camera on my cell phone and the photos from the cell phone made the stripes look a lot brighter than they looked in person.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the same car as in that video. The lighting greatly affects how the gunmetal stripes look. When I shot some photos of that car inside the SEMA show I used both my digital camera and the camera on my cell phone and the photos from the cell phone made the stripes look a lot brighter than they looked in person.

This is what I like about the gunmetal stripes on black- they're subtle, and almost blend in except in brighter light. The stripes don't distract from the Halle Berry curves of the Viper.

It reminds me of when I was a kid at a local car show. There was a black Vette there with dark blue "ghost flames" that you only saw if you looked closely. Bad ass.

Because the stripes are under the clear coat, there is no distracting seam in the paint. Add to this the hyper black wheels, it's one mean looking snake.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so why the hell gunmetal stripes are allowed for venom black while they are not allowed for shadow blue! It doesn't make sense for me.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so why the hell gunmetal stripes are allowed for venom black while they are not allowed for shadow blue! It doesn't make sense for me.

I was stumped by that one too. Maybe in person the gunmetal and shadow blue don't look so hot together?

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We share the same feelings on this. I don't much care for the stripes that offer a huge contrast to the color of the car; i.e.: red with black stripes, yellow/black etc...Especially the GTS stripes, although I think it works with the SRT stripes. I guess it has to do with the GTS stripes extending all the way down and how it makes the front look imbalanced. I'm thinking of the reverse, GTS gunmetal with black stripes. That's exactly why I would like to see different pictures of this combo, whether it be black/gunmetal or gunmetal/black. I like the subtlety of the two colors together, it's almost like you don't know the stripes are there unless the lighting permits. I just have to decide if I'm ready for a mature color, lol as my preference is still the lighter, brighter colors, especially red.

This is what I like about the gunmetal stripes on black- they're subtle, and almost blend in except in brighter light. The stripes don't distract from the Halle Berry curves of the Viper.

It reminds me of when I was a kid at a local car show. There was a black Vette there with dark blue "ghost flames" that you only saw if you looked closely. Bad ass.

Because the stripes are under the clear coat, there is no distracting seam in the paint. Add to this the hyper black wheels, it's one mean looking snake.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We share the same feelings on this. I don't much care for the stripes that offer a huge contrast to the color of the car; i.e.: red with black stripes, yellow/black etc...Especially the GTS stripes, although I think it works with the SRT stripes. I guess it has to do with the GTS stripes extending all the way down and how it makes the front look imbalanced. I'm thinking of the reverse, GTS gunmetal with black stripes. That's exactly why I would like to see different pictures of this combo, whether it be black/gunmetal or gunmetal/black. I like the subtlety of the two colors together, it's almost like you don't know the stripes are there unless the lighting permits. I just have to decide if I'm ready for a mature color, lol as my preference is still the lighter, brighter colors, especially red.

No question that the gunmetal with black stripes would look fantastic. I'm with you on the bright colors too. The Viper is like a beautiful woman, she can pull off a variety of styles and look gorgeous. Solid red with the Sepia Laguna interior is another combo that I think would look striking.

Last edited:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I saw the car at SEMA and I can tell you that the stripes seem more subtle in person than they do in a lot of the photos you've probably seen on line. Other than the track-pack, this is the car I ordered including hyper-black GTS rims. Attached are some pics I took.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...another set of photos I took...

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the car at SEMA and I can tell you that the stripes seem more subtle in person than they do in a lot of the photos you've probably seen on line. Other than the track-pack, this is the car I ordered including hyper-black GTS rims. Attached are some pics I took.

Nice pictures! Good to hear the gunmetal stripes look subtle in person, that's the effect I was hoping for. It's killing me that I bought a Viper, sight unseen. Must have been a blast to attend SEMA and see the Gen V in the flesh!

I went with the Sepia interior, hope it goes okay with the black/gunmetal. I've gone back and forth on the interior color, it's not easy to choose solely by seeing pictures.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pictures! Good to hear the gunmetal stripes look subtle in person, that's the effect I was hoping for. It's killing me that I bought a Viper, sight unseen. Must have been a blast to attend SEMA and see the Gen V in the flesh!

I went with the Sepia interior, hope it goes okay with the black/gunmetal. I've gone back and forth on the interior color, it's not easy to choose solely by seeing pictures.

Seeing the car in person cemented my choice of black/gunmetal; before that I was somewhat considering the opposite combo - gunmetal/black. Trust me, it looks wicked in person - so much so that I never noticed the "4x4 ride height" that others have pointed out on this mule.

I got the black interior as the sepia color just isn't for me and I want the car all blacked out anyway.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was stumped by that one too. Maybe in person the gunmetal and shadow blue don't look so hot together?

I saw them and they were epic for me! They were in the SRT website and I liked them at the time, silver is shinnier for me and it kinda like breaks the tune of the body but it still look good.

Thanks for the pics MoparMan.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That colour combo really looks fantastic on that car, For me it works because it defuses the ********* hole in the front.
On the lighter coloured cars I still think the grille needs to be colour coded in to match the rest of the car. I do wish it had the extra driving lights but I'm sure other options will be available as things move on.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing the car in person cemented my choice of black/gunmetal; before that I was somewhat considering the opposite combo - gunmetal/black. Trust me, it looks wicked in person - so much so that I never noticed the "4x4 ride height" that others have pointed out on this mule.

I got the black interior as the sepia color just isn't for me and I want the car all blacked out anyway.

No offense to Venom, but I think the black interior is the way to go. There is too much of an orange look to the sepia. If it were more of a tan color it would probably look better to me. Just my opinion!

Bill

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I like the black laguna interior, the sepia has such a beautiful rich look to it and I think it's the orange/saddle like hue that makes it. The other tan interiors I've seen (ferrari, bmw, porsche) have too much yellow for my taste. I do like the black laguna but there's just a bit too much black for my taste, although the aluminum trim is a great accent and is a nice off set. I could live with both and I guess it comes down to picking an interior that complements the exterior. The black interior is the more conventional choice.

QUOTE=Smog Dog;3130503]No offense to Venom, but I think the black interior is the way to go. There is too much of an orange look to the sepia. If it were more of a tan color it would probably look better to me. Just my opinion!

Bill[/QUOTE]

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the more i see gen V's the better they get.

Bruce
This is the same with me Bruce, I wasn't as blown away the very first time I saw it, but now it just seems like it looks better & better each time I see it! Have they set a date as to when they will start delivery on them. Even with the Gen. V's its just hard to pass up on the B/W.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few may sneak out by the end of the year, but build and delivery will pick up in 2013.

Bruce

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that have gone to the LA show, are they letting us sit in the car? I plan on bringing my VCA card to see if I can schmooze my way into one if they're not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456