Viper ****** ....

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have put 6,000 miles on my (black) RT/10 since buying it last summer and it is showing the chips and scratches of an everyday driver. :omg:

Does anyone have a picture of a truely well used (******) Viper?

My car was a garage queen for a while anyway! :dunno:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine is pretty beat up but i keep it clean so it doesn't show.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine is pretty beat up but i keep it clean so it doesn't show.

What he said...

Where's Tom! he has a '94 that's been a dd for years and I'd bet it still looks as cool as they come... A nice Emerald Green w/ custom windows and an almost permanent top..

Mine has a few normal nicks etc... Yeah, I drive mine often and expect it after 16 years!!

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is also showing some wear and tear from driving it.A few scratches on the nose underside,which is inevitable I think,plus some chips behind the rear wheels.I have a minor door ding which really peeved me off considering I park it away from everybody else.The worst is somebody put a thin scratch,like a razor,for about 9 inches on my hood.I have cleaned,polished and waxed this scratch and now can barely see it,fortunately.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 03 I just bought has 23,000 miles, and like my other Mopars (04 Ram 3500 and 07 SRT8 Superbee) the Dodge paint is showing the wear and tear of a driven car. The front valance has some nice chips, dings, and scrapes (the car is lowered, so this in inevitable). There are some very minor door dings and scratches on the hood. And, since it is black, these show. But, I keep it clean and nice, and it looks good. Nothing a good professional detailing can't handle (except maybe the valance.)

Cars are meant to be DRIVEN. I go to many shows, and see 30 and 40 year old survivors that are well maintained, and driven. Is the paint perfect? Not by a long shot. Do they still look good? You bet.

I would rather see a car with some dings and scratches, than some "garage queen" which never gets driven.

OP
OP
E

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"I have a minor door ding which really peeved me off considering I park it away from everybody else."

I know what you mean. A while back I parked far away in an empty lot and when I get back from the store some ***** parks in the spot right next to me!

Then I noticed it was a Ferrari.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just got a couple tiny small chips in the windshield from following another viper on our cruises and it drives me crazy buy you can barley see them and hey its gonna happen.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 55K miles on my '01GTS...just started tracking it last yr, 12 weekends so far and many more to go. Viper guys were teasing me last weekend because I used a can of spray paint to cover the nicks on the front fascia where it drags hahaa! Ok ok but I am very anal about maintenance:)

mid_oh_april_2010_064.jpg

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 55K miles on my '01GTS...just started tracking it last yr, 12 weekends so far and many more to go. Viper guys were teasing me last weekend because I used a can of spray paint to cover the nicks on the front fascia where it drags hahaa! Ok ok but I am very anal about maintenance:)

mid_oh_april_2010_064.jpg

Leslie when I saw your car on the Niagara trip last year it looked pretty good to me:2tu:

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well my ACR is not a dd but my black GTR with 22K miles is....and the paint is a disaster....it looks like someone sandblasted the hood and sides....

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm still learning to live with it, i say "it's going to happen" but still hate every one of them. but seat time is so worth it :drive:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leslie when I saw your car on the Niagara trip last year it looked pretty good to me:2tu:

wellll that's kewl thanks!

I have had SO much fun in this car at the track, I have no problem at all living with a few imperfections.

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one out there with the Mega paint chips.

Trying to use the Viper as a daily driver in Colorado there is no way to avoid the chips. I do follow the rule of no driving in the snow, if the roads are sandy, or it's below 40 out. It's still a mess.

There was a special last month to get a clear bra; full coverage on the hood, front and even the windshield and I had to pass it up until I can get the paint chips fixed and a new windshield.

Now I even spotted a light door scratch on the passenger side, and I park in the boonies.

Quick question to the group though. Would it be better to fill/fix up the chips or just wait to repaint the whole thing later? I've read that a repaint could hurt the value.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather have a car, any car, with some chips and scratches that I have driven and enjoyed, and other people have been able to see and enjoy, over a garage queen that nobody has gotten to see and enjoy. Hands down!:drive:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What he said...

Where's Tom! he has a '94 that's been a dd for years and I'd bet it still looks as cool as they come... A nice Emerald Green w/ custom windows and an almost permanent top..

Mine has a few normal nicks etc... Yeah, I drive mine often and expect it after 16 years!!

I don't know if it looks cool; it does have sandblasted side sills behind the front wheels, same for inner rear fender, front fascia has lots of stone marks, front glass has a few chips and the clearcoat behind the rear window is peeling up pretty good now. Front fascia scrapes, hood paint cracks, fog light covers so bad I finally took them out... all in all it's fine because none of it is visible (from the driver's seat.)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Leslie's quote,"it drags hahaa! Ok ok but I am very anal about maintenance" Just teasing I'm sure, :)

I have 50K on my 2001 and I run a vinyl bra when I travel. Cross continent 3 ways and usually each drive is over 1,000mi. Few paint chips on front fascia. Little bit of sandblasting on the side sill's bulge and some swirl marks but it looks better than new with nicer wheels, Brakes, Bluetooth, HIDs, SRX, etc. My headlight lenses were starting to show a mark or two so I gave them a light sanding, scraped/peeled the letters and numbers off the front and covered it all with a Headlight protector film. Because my car is so dark I had a little tint in the film. Looks awesome!

You can see the side sill damage in this shot ...

You must be registered for see images

Although I get a lot of complaints because I often take pics with my bra on, the rock chips on the front aren't so obvious as you can see in this shot...

You must be registered for see images

Ted

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can we make this thread a sticky so I know where to look to avoid all the ****** vipers. Just kidding. glad to know that these awesome cars are being enjoyed.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
never heard of a Viper truck
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi