Viper club on facebook

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is this bookface stuff all about? is it a conspiracy of cops trying to keep tabs on people? who is that Zuckerburg guy, or whatever selling stock on Wall Street? does he gots a Viper now or what?......... I think he rolls an R8... social networking,.... like? .......what?... I still am just a stick in the mud. ....I would 'like' my tires to last longer. ..I don't really 'like' cops. I am a mentally unstable old fuddy-duddy I guess.....I just don't get it...........................:dunno:

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allan,

Sounds like you have issues.... Tire smoke and exhaust funes can cure some of those. Join the FB site and have some fun.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I am just not ready yet to conform to the rest of the bookface populace. -kind of like the old school Viper guys dislike for ABS, traction control, launch control, A/C, and cup holders. I also refuse to text-message. Does anybody remember when a phone was used for talking to other people. Now people walk around in the stupid Wal-mart 'liking' crap on their bookface pages or whatever that is on their smartphones. .....as I age, I may be turning into Jeff Dunham's character, 'Walter'. -shut the hell up! :omg:

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You said it not me. Well It seems to get more Vipers out of the garage and showing up to meet. I bet you were crushed when they took your 8 track away and gave you tapes.

-B

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, tapes are an improvement, I "like" being able to hear the whole song. CD's were a difficult transition for me, but I finally gave in. MP3 players, I-pods or whatever, I still don't "like". .........I need to try not to be so 'Walter' though.

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, your behind the times. Were just trying to keep things going here. Its been a great way to organize a meet up. Good tool for the modern age.

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brantdw, glad to see someone trying to keep up on things. Now if we could get this weather to improve. I am off every Sat in July so maybe we could get together for a run. Have you ever been to Roweena Crest up behind Multnomah Falls. It was on a show called Shut Up And Drive. It is supposed to be one of the best "Driving" roads in Oregon. I dont do the facebook thing either so if ya get anything going, pleeeeze dont forget to post it in this section. Thanx.... Jeff

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, Gary was talking about that drive. Ill ask him about when we could get it organized. I realize that lots of people dont want to sign up for face book, but its an easy way to chat with other members and find out about meets. Even Gary is posting and excited about it. We can post rides on here also.

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dusted off my never used Facebook account for this group and I'm happy I did. Been meeting up with lots of other Vipers as a result of it.

Roweena Crest sounds awesome and I'd totally be down for that.

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, for anyone thats on the fence about it there is an option to sign up, join the group and just get emails on events and small chatter. You never have to log in again if you dont want to. Its not as bad as everyone says it is. There are good uses for FB.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't want to get sucked into all the local soap opera crap of what kind of cereal someone ate this morning, and who might be sleeping with who, and who's kid are in what sports, and who's lawn needs mowed, and guess who I saw having lunch together, and what somebody thinks about what they saw on TV last night, and on and on and on.........way dumb. -now for car related activities or contacts, that could be cool. -but how do you avoid the soap opera?

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To avoid the drama, just sign up for an account and then friend the club. You will only get club related drama. No bull stuff from anyone else. The club related drama will be sent to you in an email. Dont friend anyone else. Done, easy and fun for club activities.

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To avoid the drama, just sign up for an account and then friend the club. You will only get club related drama. No bull stuff from anyone else. The club related drama will be sent to you in an email. Dont friend anyone else. Done, easy and fun for club activities.

Bingo. You only get posts from your friends so just don't friend anyone you don't want to see posts from. Or even just join the Viper group and that's it.

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok.... So I heard that there was a run thru the loops this last weekend. We had a family reunion at the beach. I hope someone will post some pics. If it was werthy I hope to do the next one. Work has been crazy. Maybe we could get together and do the portland cars and coffee one morning for the meet-up and then do a run after that. Its fun just to get the car out,But its hella fun rollin with a bunch of us:2tu:

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a fun filled day. Did the Rowena loop and headed home via back side of Mt Hood. We stopped off at Trillium lake for some wine and stuff. The ride was awesome, relaxed and fun for all. I did post a ton of photos in facebook page if you have access.

-Brant

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anybody down for the Kiezer Cars & Coffee this Sat? I missed the Rowena Loops run :mad:so the wife and I took the car to Pacific City via the Hebo way:drive: Only came across 1 car on the way up. That made for a very "Spirited" drive. Then we took the drive down to Newport. The weather was awsome. Anyways I deff. need to wash the car but im down with c&c if anybody else is going to show up. Or do you know of any other runs this weekend?

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets