Viper Colors (Different Blues?)

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think somewhere at this website there is alist of colors, etc. But...to answer your first question. Dark blue Vipers with SILVER stripes were only made in 2001. The '96 and '97 GTSs were a lighter, heavier metallic flake with white stripes only.

Blake Kercovich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always been a fan of the 96/97 GTS Coupe's in Blue w/ White Stripes. I have always seen them in a dark blue (like a Navy hue).
I recently saw a GTS (don't know the year) that was Blue w/ White stripes, but the blue was a light blue (not quite a powder hue). Is this a stock option, or a repaint? I've never seen that color combo before.

While we are on the subject, is there a website which lists the different exterior color options for each production year, and possible the paint codes?

Thanks.
smile.gif

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blake,

It sounds like the particular car you saw was a custom repaint. There have only been two blue choices: The '96/'97 Blue with white stripes and the newer Saphire Blue, which can have optional silver stipes.

Here is a link to some color and production info:
http://www.viperclub.org/IVR/vin.html

It is, however, only up to date until Y2K models.

-Matt

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the stock blue/white color combination for the 96-97 car and it is NOT rare. It was the only color offered on the GTS in 96. Go to the vin registry on this site and you can get production numbers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness