viper crash in keys

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a few pics from the guys.
It had just rained hard and the streets were full of puddles.
As they approached a small bridge, the lead car started to slowly hydroplane.

the rear of the car went right, he corrected and the rear swung left.
they were in a 35 mph zone in heavy traffic.

as the car swung left a wide load crane was driving over the bridge.
the drivers side rear of the viper hit the left front of the crane almost by the taillight.

The impact spun the car around, so now the passengers side is against the crane.

the viper was traveling backwards, the crane forwards. you can see the result.
he said it shredded like cheese in a grater.

there are other pictures I need to get posted.
as you can see, both wheels are ripped off the car,
the aluminum wheels themselves are torn like someone ripped carboard by hand.
just amazing he walked away without a scratch.

the crane continued for almost another quarter mile or so and slammed into a bunch of cars and a telephone pole.

the crane operator said he couldn't find the brakes.

state cops said " thats what happens when you buy a hot rod"

Last edited:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know its little consolation, but you can replace a car but not a life. Thank God he is okay.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes me upset to hear things like this. He probably figured that the guy was doing something stupid when if fact he probably wasn't. Glad to hear he's o.k.
state cops said " thats what happens when you buy a hot rod"

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We see lots of accidents up here and the MAIN THING is that driver was not hurt. Cars come and go (even Vipers) and can be replaced, life cannot!

Thank goodness he was not hurt and, also, lucky there was not a passenger as that is the side that took most of the hit!

Viper held up well!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't think of a worse place to take a Viper or other perfiormance car. Except possibly city stop and go traffic. Keys means LOW speed limits. Limited passing areas. Way too many cops. GTS Bruce

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is amazing, the number of shreded Vipers you see with little to no injuries is unbelievable!
Makes me feel better everytime I climb in the car.

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except when he doesn't. Then who do you thank?

You give thanks to God for the time you had with that person. We all must die and we all don't die at the same time/age. It is all part of His plan.

Technology does not save lives. Even with it we all will die someday. Life is fun while we are here! :2tu:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the utmost respect for law enforcement officers but this one sounds like a real ignorant *****.

he said that cause his wife wears the pants and wont let him have one- cause all cops love hot rods!proven fact:lmao:

OP
OP
M

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was just one of the comments the cops made to the guys.

they also kept them there for 6 hours after the wrecked car was towed away.

cops told them "you guys caused all this mess and now you want to leave, you will be the last we let go".
they held them there until everyone was gone, including the crane that caused all the real destruction and the traffic jam.
they were literally the last ones to leave. about 9 pm that evening.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

cops told them "you guys caused all this mess and now you want to leave, you will be the last we let go".
they held them there until everyone was gone, including the crane that caused all the real destruction and the traffic jam.

OMG, he was a bigger ***** than I thought. Apparently he was the the judge, jury and executioner. So the poor Viper owner had an accident and now this cop is going to make them wait until last because they made a few people late. Somebody needs to get that State Cop off the streets. :rolleyes:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats what happens when you are a guy and you get bossed around by a woman at home,and you are too big of a puxsy to not let it happen,you turn into that guy- see it all the time.

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Except when he doesn't. Then who do you thank?

Then this is what you say ...

"Not until the loom is silent and the shuttles cease to fly,
Will God unveil the canvas and show the reasons why,
The dark threads were as needful in the Master's skillful hands,
As the threads of gold and scarlet in His vast eternal plan."

BTW I bet many of us could relate miraculous escapes from certain death.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG, he was a bigger ***** than I thought. Apparently he was the the judge, jury and executioner. So the poor Viper owner had an accident and now this cop is going to make them wait until last because they made a few people late. Somebody needs to get that State Cop off the streets. :rolleyes:

Agreed as if the driver of the Viper hasn't had a bad enough experience. ( Thankfully he is ok ) But then some cop on a power trip making his day even worse . :(

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then this is what you say ...

"Not until the loom is silent and the shuttles cease to fly,
Will God unveil the canvas and show the reasons why,
The dark threads were as needful in the Master's skillful hands,
As the threads of gold and scarlet in His vast eternal plan."

BTW I bet many of us could relate miraculous escapes from certain death.

I have no religion, I wasn't ever introduced to anything. And have no need for one . If anything I strongly disagree with a lot of Religious beliefs . Specifically the ones that would make me overdress, every Sunday and go pray for forgiveness for being Human. :rolaugh:

But I will always believe that there was some outside force that kept me alive, and well from an accident I was in . My Dad was killed and I was, for the most part ok . Just spent a few months in the hospital with a broken hip.

Last edited:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote for a religious section here too - they can gather there and share there insights, believes, ....:eater:

Perhaps the YELLOW color lovers will go there too and celebrate their my yellow car is faster than your something else colored car myth :lmao:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good lord are you clowns gonna start this crap like those nuts overseas- talk about religon were ever you please/ if you dont want to read it..dont read it silly ass!!!!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not sure how it works down there, but as soon as the cop had my info and my statement, I would have asked if I could leave. If he fed me this line, I would tell him he had everything from me and I was leaving unless he had grounds to detain me. Always try to be nice to cops and most of them will be nice (or at least respectful) back to you. When you run across assholes like this, it's time to be pushy and put him on record as to why he's detaining you.

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a few pics from the guys.
It had just rained hard and the streets were full of puddles.
As they approached a small bridge, the lead car started to slowly hydroplane.

the rear of the car went right, he corrected and the rear swung left.
they were in a 35 mph zone in heavy traffic.

Aquaplaning at 35mph, or less (guess no more as stated in "heavy traffic")?! My big lesson was at 85mph during a road to river transformation. 35 though????

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang