Viper Days at Putnam Park, IN - August 12th, 13th & 14th

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The annual pilgrimmage to Putnam Park Road Course in Indiana is coming up. WHo's going????

The event if filling up fast, as the secret is out on this technically challenging yet SAFE 1.8 mile road course. You can contact Courtney at the website listed below to sign up. The only run group that is not almost full is the rookies - give her a buzz - maybe she'll cut you a deal if you are a first timer.... Get those RTs and GTS's on the track - it's a great track - easy on brakes, too, so those SRT guys may not have THAT big of an advantage....

3 drivers have signed up for Viper Days' Young Drivers program which teaches the basics of vehicle dynamics and car control and instills the understanding in young drivers that driving is NOT a passive activity. You can read more about this program on the Viper Days website - www.viperdays.com

Also in attendance is rumored to be a Ford GT. Pretty cool, huh? At least one was sold to a driving enthusiast. Can't wait to see that out on the track!

And, there is a STRONG hint that those in attendance will be rewarded with a preview from our friends at SRT. And I don't do the *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* BS. Maybe we'll be able to see some side by side comparisons......... not saying another word.

Those not wishing to put their car on the track (even though that never ceases to amaze me...) can sign up for a meal package and attend the event, the dinner and auction for the Henrick Marrow charity and spectate for the close racing action of the VRL and the heavy air of competition surrounding the Michelin Challenge Series. Also in attendance will be Archer Racing Accessories and Bobby Archer Motorsports - they can do work on your car, install mods, mount tires, and offer the largest Viper performance brain trust in the US! Bring your checkbooks!

So let's hear it - who's going?????

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in. However, I'll only be there on Saturday. I hear the "MooreSpeed" racing team will be there in full force! Kyle and Ray driving the Yellow RSI Coupe with Zach piloting the Viper Days SRT-4!

That has got to be some kind of record- doesn't it?

See you there,

Dave

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've driven Putnam before though not in a Viper. I'd go if it wasn't so darn far away.

Carl

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I enjoyed Putnam last year and will be there again this year.

So you say the SRT-10 coupe will be their Janni? :eek:

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay Nascar -

RSI Viper, turbo, nitrous, ABS, traction control, sequential transmission, Kuhmo tires molded to look like Michelin, etc, etc, etc, etc.

How about we teardown for pinkslips? If it's stock, I get your car. If the motor is not stock you get mine.

Putnam is one of my favorite tracks. I have my 15 year old registered for the young driver program in one of the Viperdays Neons. It is a great place to teach a young person how to handle a car and also to teach them to respect speed. It made my older son a better and SAFER driver, not to mention getting his teenage speed issues resolved on the track instead of on the street.

Come out and see the 15 year lapping a certain black rt/10.

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper Days event at Putnam Park is just around the corner and it seems like everyone is very excited about this GREAT track.

We are currently sold out and have a waiting list for the white & blue groups. We still ahve availability for the rookie group. Please feel free to call up and put your name on the waiting list. I am currently calling everyone who is signed up to make sure they are going to try to accomodate the people on the waiting list!

It pays to sign up early!!

I have pasted the details for the Putnam Park event to this post for your convenience. Any additional questions please feel free to call me at 847-612-4335.

Courtney Thomas

PS- Janni, I heard about those rumors too, I am very excited!!

PUTNAM PARK

Hello Viper Drivers-

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE E-MAIL!! It has a ton of information in it that can answer most all of your questions without having to call me!!

***There are very few spaces available for the Putnam Park event!***

FIRST EVENT OF THE YEAR: If this is your first event of the year, please go to www.viperdays.com and fill out the application and Med+Stats forms online. If nothing has changed in your medical history please fill in your name and age and press send. Once you have filled them out press send. Once I receive them I will e-mail you back a confirmation!

2ND, 3RD, 4TH EVENT OF THE YEAR: If you are planning on attending the event PLEASE e-mail me back the answers and you are all set. You do not need to fill out anymore paperwork. Once I receive the answers I will then process your credit card. Call Courtney if you have any additional questions or comments! 847-594-8477

TRACK CONFIGURATION: We will be running the FULL course ALL 3 Days! clockwise!

SRT/10 RULES: If you have an SRT/10 you must have a roll bar OR hardtop for your car in order to run at the track. You can use one of 3 hardtops from Viper Days for the entire weekend for FREE!! Please call in advance to make sure you get a hardtop for they do sellout.

THURSDAY TRAILER DROP OFFS: NO CAN DO

GATE HOURS: Friday: 7am-7pm, Saturday: 7am-7pm, Sunday: 7am-7pm

TRACK HOURS: Friday: 9-5-5:30, Saturday: 8:30-5:30, Sunday 8:30-5:30

ADDITIONAL HOTELS: Holiday Inn Express 765-795-5050 $65/night Commercial House Bed & Breakfast $85-95 765-653-6579 (closest to Walden Inn)

FRIDAY TEST & TUNE DAY:
Viper Days, Inc. will be offering a Friday Test & Tune day for advanced drivers. No rookies are allowed. 9am-5pm we will be running 2 run groups all day!! $300 full day no lunch and $200 for half day no lunch 1-5pm. Call Courtney for approval if you have questions. 847-594-8477

FRIDAY PM: The Friday night registration/reception party will be held at the host hotel,The Walden Inn, from 6-9pm. If you are not able to make it to this night please get to the track early Sat at 7am to register.

SATURDAY PM:
The Sat banquet will be at the host hotel The Walden Inn. 6:30 cocktails; 7:00pm dinner. There is a food selection so please make the choice below.

TIRE ORDERS: LAST DATE TO ORDER TIRES IS AUG 2nd
PLEASE order your tires by tomorrow am. If you do not order tires they will not have them on hand. Please call Bobby Archer at 817-877-1772

TRACK SIDE SERVICE:
Archer Racing Accessories will be at the track to do any trackside service. Please call John at 218-727-4806 for an appointment so you don't miss a run session.

VRL & NRL RACES: SPONSORED BY: CALIFORNIA CHEESE

Please answer the following questions by Wednesday August 3rd!!

1. Do you plan on attending the Putnam event? Yes Or No

2. Are you planning on attending the Friday Test & Tune day? Full $300 or Half $200

3. Do you plan on attending the VIR event by using the:
 Full package: $625 first event of the year which includes the VCA $50 discount or $675 if this is your 2nd or 4th event.. Full package includes a Friday pm reception party, an embroidered Viper Days polo shirt and a goodie bag, 2 hours of track time per day, Saturday pm sit down dinner, FREE water for the entire weekend, in-car Viper instruction with communication system, and a transponder. If this is your first event ever please take an additional $100 off the price.
 Ala Catre package: $275 1 day, $560 2 days, Includes 2 hours of track time per day only Additional add ons: Embroidered Viper Days polo shirt $45, $25 Fri pm reception, $45 Saturday pm dinner, $25 transponder. (NO VCA or first timer discount applied to the Ala Carte Package)

4. Do you plan on bringing any guests who will participate in the food package? $75 (which includes a Fri PM registration/cocktail party and a Sat pm dinner) DINNER ONLY is $45. If you are bringing children please let Courtney know so she can arrange kid’s meals.

5. Food Selection for the Saturday pm dinner:

A. Boneless ****** of Chicken stuffed with cheese, garlic, onion, sun dried tomatoes topped with Romano cream sauce
B. Roast Prime Rib of Beef
C. Sweet Potato crusted salmon with a lemon beurre blanc sauce
D. Kids Meal
E. Vegetarian upon request

2004 VIPER DAYS
DETAILS FOR…….. PUTNAM PARK AUGUST 12th, 13th & 14th
FIFTH EVENT OF THE EASTERN REGION: www.putnampark.com Track Address: Putnam Park 5251 S. County Rd. 550 East, Mt.Meridian, IN 46135 561-472-3599 We will be running the full track Clockwise
FRIDAY TEST & TUNE: A test and tune day is available! Friday will be open for “advanced drivers” for a test and tune day. No rookies are allowed. 9am-5pm we will be running 2 run groups all day!! $300 full day no lunch and $200 for half day no lunch 1-5pm. Call Courtney for approval if you have questions.
COST
 Full package: $625 first event of the year which includes the VCA $50 discount. Or $675 for your 2nd, OR 4th event of the year. Full package includes a Friday pm reception party, an embroidered Viper Days polo shirt and a goodie bag, 2 hours of track time per day, Saturday pm sit down dinner, FREE water for the entire weekend, in-car Viper instruction with communication system, and a transponder. If this is your first event ever please take an additional $100 off the price.
o Ala Catre package: $275 1 day, $535 2 days, Includes 2 hours of track time per day only Additional add ons: Embroidered Viper Days polo shirt $45, $25 Fri pm reception, $45 Saturday pm dinner, $25 transponder. (NO VCA or first timer discount applied to the Ala Carte Package)
PAYMENT: Viper Days accepts Visa and Master Card AND American Expess. Make checks payable to: Viper Days, Inc. Payment for each event is paid in full prior to the event!! Late Entry- 7 days before event will result in a $50 late fee, NO EXCEPTIONS!!
HOTEL INFO: Be sure to call the Walden Inn to make room reservations and ask for the Viper Days rooms. Mention the Viper Days room block for the discounted rate. Rooms will be released July 28th . So call NOW!!!! Secondary Hotel: : Holiday Inn Express 765-795-5050 $65/night . Commercial House Bed & Breakfast 765-653-6579 $85-95 (closest to Walden Inn)

Host Hotel Walden Inn 800-225-8655 SOLD OUT
2 Seminary Square
Greencastle, IN 46135
40 Rooms Reserved!! $70-95

TRACK SIDE SERVICE Archer Racing Accessories is the Exclusive trackside service company. Archer Racing can do all your track needs including suspension, brakes, alignments, engine modifications and exhaust. If there is something specific you would like, Call John and make an appointment. 218-727-4806
TIRES Bobby Archer Enterprises is the Exclusive provider of trackside safety needs, tire mounting and balancing, andsales. Those needing Michelin or Hoosier tires please call ahead and order them so they can bring them to the track. CallBobby @ 817-877-1772 LAST DATE TO ORDER TIRES IS August 2nd Call Bobby 817-877-1772
TRAILER AND RIG PARKING The track will be open to accept parking on all day Friday starting at 7am. You could also park in hotel lot or in the streets! NO THURSDAY DROP OFF!!!
CAMPERS/MOTORCOACHES NOT ALLOWED to camp on the grounds overnight. Move outside the gates to sleep.
FUEL 104 unleaded and 110 leaded will be sold at the track. Check and cash only. There is a gas station 3 miles away for 93 octane.
MED+STATS 2005 IS MANDATORY! There is a NEW form requiring additional information. Please bring your Med+Stats lanyard or fill out Med+Stats confidential information and return with payment ASAP. Renewal will be only $ 15.00.
FRIDAY NIGHT ARRIVAL: 6PM until 9PM at the Walden Inn. Check in and register at the reception with hors d’oeuvres. Tech. inspection will occur all day Friday at the track or Saturday morning. Please join us for hors d’oeuvres, drinks and some Viper Tales. A Viper tech inspection tip: empty your glove box and trunk at the hotel instead of the track.
GUEST PACKAGE: For those who do not wish to put their car on the track and/or guests, we offer a food package of the reception and a banquet for $75.00 per person. Children will be given a discount, must call Courtney for details!! Dinner only is $45
GATE HOURS: Friday 7am-7:pm Sat 7am-7pm, Sunday 7am-7pm

TRACK INFO

SATURDAY: If arriving on Saturday morning, be at the track by 7AM for registration and tech inspection. MANDATORY drivers meeting at 8:15. Drive-arounds at 7:25. The track will go hot at 9:00. Classroom instruction begins at 9:00 AM, Banquet at the Walden Inn 6:30 cash bar / dinner at 7:00PM. The hotel will have breakfast available that you can purchase at 6am, If arriving on Saturday morning, be at the track by 7:00 AM for registration and tech inspection.

SUNDAY: The hotel will havel breakfast available for purchase at 6am. Be at the track by 8:00 AM. Driver meeting at 8:40 the track will go hot at 9

MICHELIN Challenge Series
Sponsors help bring Viper Days to you and to justify their sponsorship we ask you to buy from Bobby Archer, Archer Racing Accessories. We realize you can buy these products anywhere, but we cannot quantify sales without purchasing through our vendors. It would help out Viper Days if you supported them. Shop around and compare, their prices are competitive!
Stock- Michelin DOT tires only
Super Stock- Michelin DOT tires only
Prepared- Michelin DOT tires only
Modified- Michelin DOT tires only
Super Modified- Michelin Street, Pilot Sport Cup Tires or Slicks Only (Requires proper safety equipment to run slicks)
Unlimited- Michelin tires only!
Comp Coupe Unlimited Michelin Slicks or Hoosier VRL Racing tires
Neon SRT/4-Michelin DOT stock tire or the Pilot Sport Cup!!

*****IMPORTANT NEW Information FOR 2005*****
SRT/10 must have a hardtop and/or a aftermarket roll bar. Available for FREE from Viper Days
A few items have changed on the matrix. Please see the link http://www.viperdays.com/rules_matrix.html
RT/10's must have a roll bar or hardtop.
Helmets must be Snell 2000 You get a 1 event grace period!
Long sleeve shirt, long pants, soft sole enclosed toe shoes required for all classes.
Gloves are highly recommended
Motorcycle Helmets are NOT allowed! You get a 1 event grace period!
If you have questions or comments please contact Courtney Thomas at [email protected] or call 847-594-8477 www.viperdays.com
www.putnampark.com To get directions, hot lap around the track, track map, etc…
www.weather.com and type in the zip code of 46135 to get the area weather
www.mapquest.com to get directions to and from your house to the track, hotel etc..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang