Viper envy... I love it

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my SRT but my buddy just got a Gallardo and there is no comparision. The Lambo is just in another league but thats not a bad thing because it's double the cost! If it was the same cost then it would be a different story.

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As I said, the newer Fcars and Lambos use far more expensive materials. They have thick handstitched leather while we have molded plastic. I don't deny that. The difference in sticker prices allow that. My point is that the SRT-10 is put together really well. The parts may not be as pretty to look at, but they are put together just as well or better.

My post was in response to vipersrt10 who said, "but just isnt as well made or have the overall solid assembly as the ferrari or lambo"

The SRT-10 is every bit as "well-made" and has equal or better "overall solid assembly" However, we just have less expensive parts that are assembled in a solid and high quality manner.

Dirk

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've owned 3 Vettes. Enjoyed them a lot, but it wore off fast. Last one was a 87, plastic interior, not much of a car. I bought many Mercedes and Jags over the last 7 years 3 each. I bought my first 04 Viper in April, second 05 in Sept. 3.55 gears in 04 3.73's in 05! Great cars, Awesome power, blast to drive. I'm hooked for life. My father- in law is a Chevy man! Big time!!! So is his son! They always keep telling me the new vette is coming out with 500 HP and is supposed to blow away vipers! Well i've let my father In law drive my Viper now 5 times! He's Impressed, he even told his son last time he was picking on me, It scary fast, Really nice car! He has a 87 Mint vette 14000 miles. He would sell it in a minute for a Viper if he wasn't 65 years old and retiring in a few months. He said last week he should buy one, but Why! I can drive one of yours! :D I think they built 2400+ Vipers in 04. How many vettes did they build! Lets face it for around $50000 Vettes are a fun car. Not everyone has $88000 for a new Viper! JMO

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said, the newer Fcars and Lambos use far more expensive materials. They have thick handstitched leather while we have molded plastic. I don't deny that. The difference in sticker prices allow that. My point is that the SRT-10 is put together really well. The parts may not be as pretty to look at, but they are put together just as well or better.

My post was in response to vipersrt10 who said, "but just isnt as well made or have the overall solid assembly as the ferrari or lambo"

The SRT-10 is every bit as "well-made" and has equal or better "overall solid assembly" However, we just have less expensive parts that are assembled in a solid and high quality manner.

Dirk

i still dont agree, with the newer modeled lambos and ferraris being overall nicer cars, tighter and more "polished". kinda like a timex and a rolex. but then again i dont own either of them,, only the viper, so i really dont know, just what ive noticed. :confused: guess i better go try them out and see for certain. as for the countach, that thing is a ****

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bottom line is with the price diffrence the SRT should not even be a the same league in any test as a ferrari or lambo BUT it is the performance is very close and with the prices so far apart it shouldent be.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bottom line is with the price diffrence the SRT should not even be a the same league in any test as a ferrari or lambo BUT it is the performance is very close and with the prices so far apart it shouldent be.

That argument works both ways. The same can be said of the Z06 vs. Viper.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont understand where the "engine rebuild every year" rumor came from. Thats ridiculous.

I've got another one to add to the list:

69. Buy a viper if you like burning to death when the power steering cap falls off.

Eddie

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
69. What a stupid thing to say.

Check out the thread on the Corvette that burned to the ground due to the power antenna.

I wouldn't want ANYONEs car (or them) to burn.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
69. What a stupid thing to say.

Check out the thread on the Corvette that burned to the ground due to the power antenna.

I wouldn't want ANYONEs car (or them) to burn.

Shut up, you know you smirked a little.

Eddie

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That argument works both ways. The same can be said of the Z06 vs. Viper.

This is true HOWEVER there no not as much price gap beteween Viper and Z06 as there is beteween Viper and lambo.

Hell The C6 alone is currently Starting at $52,245 for the convertible so God knows what the z06 is gonna be, now the SRT Starting at $85,295 thats a 33,050 diffrence and thats vettes "lower model" because the Z06 is there top and the new z06 is rumored ro be over 60K so the shortens up the price gap even more.

Now the diffrence beteween a SRT and a Lambo is what? in some cases 200+K?

see theres a big diffrence.

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Yearly engine rebuild"??? *** are they talking about? At least my Viper doesnt have interior trim that youll find on the crappiest rental cars.