1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper + Ford GT

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by racer22, Jul 22, 2013.

1. ACRucrazy

ACRucrazy Enthusiast

What year? The Mopar Performance PCM would help that issue .

It was a noticeable difference when I went from my '08 to '09 on the improvement as the 09+ saw an update in the PCM from the factory. And you are correct, adding a Viper to the stable would be awesome. :2tu:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  2. racer22

racer22 Enthusiast

The Viper I drove was an 08. Does the PCM need to be replaced to correct the hesitation when blipping the throttle from idle? If so, can anyone provide the Dodge part #. Thanks

3. ACRucrazy

ACRucrazy Enthusiast

A stock replacement wont do anything for the 2008 Vipers.

What you would need is the Mopar Performance upgrade which is a replacement for the stock PCM. Part number P5155254AB They run $1000-1100 on average.

A stock 2009/2010 would have better throttle response than the 2008 similar to the Mopar Performance upgrade. However the Mopar does more than just improve the ETC.

4. agentf1

agentf1 Enthusiast

It will burst the day after I buy one.

5. purplesnake

purplesnake Viper Owner

Buy a Gen 4 and put a 3:55 gear in it. I put one in my Gen 3, loved it and then put one in my Gen 4. IMHO these cars should have had that gear to start with. Don't worry about the 5th gear thing. In another current thread, 345's b- spinnin did an analysis and claims the 08,09 5th works better with a 3:55 conversion anyway.

These cars just deliver the best smiles/$, of any car I have ever driven! Good luck!:)

6. Junkie

Junkie Enthusiast

Also really chomping at the bit for a GT, but scared of them falling off. It seems to be the only car in years that has continued to appreciate. I would hope it just caps off and never fall out

7. racer22

racer22 Enthusiast

Will I have issues in California smogging the car if I install the Viper Race Engine Controller? BTW in case you missed my other post I nailed the 08 Coupe today. Thanks for the help.
    GT bubble? Heck I don't know anymore than you guys do but unless we have a major global melt down I think the cars have not gone up that much to be a major bubble. I'd be worried if I had a Dino though.

8. ACRucrazy

ACRucrazy Enthusiast

I would assume it wont pass in CA, however its not like you can't just put the stock computer back in a few days before smog and swap back to the Mopar computer after.