Viper GTS vs. Superformance coupe vid

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The GTS beat the Daytona Coupe in the 1/4 and on the road course with less power and more weight and they say the Daytona Coupe wins go figure. If thats how they judge a winner I have never lost anything in my life according to those guys.:D

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video....let's see......... a lightweight $100,000.00 + kit car with 600 hp against a 450 hp mass produced 3500 pound $50,000.00 GTS both driven by a guy whos claim to fame is drifting????? Wonder which car did better? I was pleasantly surprised. :)

bvk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hhaha yeah... we pick the car that lost both of the challenges we spent the whole time talking about, because we think its cooler... ***

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I find amazing is after nearly 40 years of difference between the ages of the cars they look very similar in appearance.

Nice vid
Bruce

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Because both the Viper and the kit car were patterened after the Shelby Daytona coupe. The Viper lloks nicer because it's a modern version, not just a copy.

I also like the AC Cobra, but I wouldn't pick one over a Viper. They're just not as nice or fast.

Ted

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most ridiculous video ive ever seen. how is it a tie ? other than looks which you cant prove one way or another. the viper killed it on the track where it shoulda been the other way around with it being lighter and more power. how does the viper lose and get worse handling ?

TOTAL BS

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most ridiculous video ive ever seen. how is it a tie ? other than looks which you cant prove one way or another. the viper killed it on the track where it shoulda been the other way around with it being lighter and more power. how does the viper lose and get worse handling ?

TOTAL BS

:dunno:They are probably voting for Obama too!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Daytona coupe had a nasty race car interior in it and the taillights were so small as to be difficult to see. Besides, the rear of the Daytona coupe is ugly.

Oh well, if I was willing to let someone drive my cars I suppose I might tell them which one was the winner before I let them drive anything? Nah. It'd be like this comparison and they'd have to lie if they said anything other than, "The Viper wins easily."

Ted

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give me a break. The viper lands not one, but two knockout punches and the judges declare a draw??? The fix was in.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool video. Still can't see how it is a tie. Just as bad as the ACR getting 3rd in the recent magazine track test.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well.......... I can tell all of you firsthand that the Viper GTS did beat down the Daytona coupe, in fact it was a total blowout. I know because I was there and the Viper is mine.

I was asked by our SoCal Viper Club Pres if I would like to take my car out for this. Of course ! It was a full day out at Willow Springs Raceway. I got to meet and talk with the owner of the Daytona Coupe. It was pretty cool to see the cars side by side and compare all the different angles. They are very similar. On Paper, he had me beat. But when it came time for performance, it was a BLOWOUT.

They ran each car on the track 3 sessions and took the fastest lap time from the 3 sessions. My Viper turned in the fastest lap time in the first session. The next 2 sessions, Sam was playing around drifting through the corners to get "film footage".
The Daytona Coupe used all 3 sessions to try and better the time and couldn't. I talked with Sam during the break and he told me how much better the Viper handled and that the Daytona was very unpredictable. The Daytona actually spun out in the 3rd session.
The 1/4 mile was pretty much the same thing. 3 passes for the best time. My Viper set the fastest time on the first pass and beat the Daytona by at least 2 car lengths.
The 2nd pass was again all Viper. On the final pass Sam let off a bit so that the "film footage" would look as if were a close race.

Bottom line at the end of the day... Viper kicked butt !!!!

While I'm not happy knowing that they gave the win to the Daytona, I know better. I had a great time meeting everyone and made some good friends.
Shortly after the Head 2 Head was released I got an email from the Daytona owner. Here is a direct quote from his email:

"I assume by now you've seen the episode - what a rip-off! I was embarrassed to be declared the "winner." I still can't figure out the drag race. It looked like my car just quit on the last 200 yards."

Rest assured that the Viper did well and truly is the best !!

Pictures from that day are on my website New Page 1

Lance

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 1 year old PS2's on it.
I talked with Sam Hubinette before he went out on track. He was asking me about the car and if there were any concerns or things he should know. I told him that I had the SRT-10 calipers with ABS and that he would feel really good about the braking. After the first session, he was pumped up. He really loves driving the Viper and went pretty deep into the turns before hitting the brakes. Ultimately, it had a lot to do with the great lap time he did.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edged out of first place again:omg:

Just like at the K-1 karting event- you win the event, but ultimately ended up in 2nd place overall :crazy2:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the curse with having a reputation as a brawler. People either fear you or overestimate your capabilities, so they'll either skew the judging against you or unless you can beat a Veyron by 20 seconds, they'll deny you your crown because you can't beat their expectations.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte