Viper in Parade

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yesterday I prematurely committed my Viper to be in the city's Fourth of July parade. I was asked and said yes before thinking it over. It probably didn't help that the young lady asking me was extremely attractive.

With that being said, I am now concerned that the long time, approximately 2 hours, at excessive slow speed may be ******* the transmission and clutch. We all know how the parades work and I'm sure it will be quite hot that day. As slow as the speed will be, as they are in parades, I'm sure I would have clutch engaged a good portion of the time. It would probably be hard to even have the car going that slow.

My question is, would that be ******* the car? Is my concern justified or overblown? Any knowledgeable tech advice would be appreciated. I am seriously considering withdrawing my car.

Thanks

Chris

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a burnout every time you move forward. Minimal slippage. :2tu:

Seriously though, I have seen comments before from Gen 2 owners - more in regards to engine temps - but no concerns.

Gap... close... gap... close...

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done a few and run mostly in 4th at a slow roll. 4th gear will keep you rolling real slow without having to use the gas or clutch, just clutch in all the way when you do clutch instead of trying to run in 1st and control your roll with the clutch.

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last time I was in a parade, it was detrimental to the Viper (horse pulling a cart ripped a hole in the left rear quarter). Parades are dangerous! :)

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time I was in a parade, it was detrimental to the Viper (horse pulling a cart ripped a hole in the left rear quarter). Parades are dangerous! :)

hmmmm...... that sounds like operator error to me. why would you let a horse and cart get that close to you and not move?:dunno: Pretty sure the Viper has better maneuverability than a 1 hp cart. :lmao:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you experrience any problem it would probably be an overheat issue - but that's not likely.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been in them here. You have absolutely nothing to work about, other than the odd rouge horse incident apparently. Be conditional when you are out there. Require the Pretty thing who asked you to ride in the car during the parade, then you only have to worry about yourself overheating. :)

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have been in many dozens of parades the last 10 years. This will be the 4th year with superchargers. Have never had an issue -- either heat or clutch over the last 85,000 miles.

We ride with our same passengers once a year as well in Twinsburg....where neither the car -- or my brother and I -- are the center of attention

Steve

100_31401.JPG

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday I prematurely committed my Viper to be in the city's Fourth of July parade. I was asked and said yes before thinking it over. It probably didn't help that the young lady asking me was extremely attractive.

With that being said, I am now concerned that the long time, approximately 2 hours, at excessive slow speed may be ******* the transmission and clutch. We all know how the parades work and I'm sure it will be quite hot that day. As slow as the speed will be, as they are in parades, I'm sure I would have clutch engaged a good portion of the time. It would probably be hard to even have the car going that slow.

My question is, would that be ******* the car? Is my concern justified or overblown? Any knowledgeable tech advice would be appreciated. I am seriously considering withdrawing my car.

Thanks

Chris

It all depends! If the lady that asked you to do the parade rides with you. The only thing that would heat up would be in the cockpit...PUN INTENDED!:lmao:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just think of all the people that dont understand cars,like not touching or leaning on them,kids running down the sides of it and the parent not doing nothin about it!:omg::omg:your gonna go home feelin bent over-

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just think of all the people that dont understand cars,like not touching or leaning on them,kids running down the sides of it and the parent not doing nothin about it!:omg::omg:your gonna go home feelin bent over-

That's ridiculous. We've never had a problem in a parade. In fact, a parade is a much safer place than any parking lot. You're right there with your car.

OP
OP
C

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't say I'm too worried about kids getting near the car. I don't think that would happen.

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hmmmm...... that sounds like operator error to me. why would you let a horse and cart get that close to you and not move?:dunno: Pretty sure the Viper has better maneuverability than a 1 hp cart. :lmao:

I had my car parked on the side of the road along with all of the other vehicles waiting for the parade to start when the approaching horse and cart made contact. I kind of had a gut feeling that it was going to happen when I saw them coming.

All better now. That is one of the reasons for the SSG color change!

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did the woodward dream cruise in my gen 3.........that was longer than any parade or traffic jam I have ever been in my LIFE!!!!! No problems other than a great leg work out on the left......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456