Viper Lambo doors protoype near finish

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all interested, by mid november we will have lamborgini style doors available for gen1 and gen2.we are near completion of our prototype.We have had countless interest from customers over the years,this kit will consist of hinges and hydraulic cylinders and will be of high quality

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those would look hot i wanna see some pics also..

any idea on a ballpark price?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a car with hydraulic doors.They sucx bigtime in the rain.Actualy they sucx most of the time unless you are trying to impress some girls. Bruce

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ricey or not i would like to see some pics.do the doors open automaticaly? no not for me :laugh:

Max

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce.
Was your car with hydraulic doors a BRICKIN by any chance? I had one of those. Unique car...engines from Ford or Mopar, and suspension from AMC, built in Canada.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Paul it was.1974.white.powered by amc 360.Had a 4 speed(rare).Car was a POS and that is a hugh understatement.Literally fell apart.Interior always leaked and turned greenish.Replaced the distributor 5-6 times.Handling awful due to live rear axle poorly located.Spun that car 7-8 times but never the Viper.Lost oil pressure on exit/entrance ramps.Didn't drive it after the 1st 3 yrs.Needed a full body off restoration to make everything right.Let it sit and sold it 10 yrs later for what I paid for it.Never appreciated much.Can buy a fully ground up resto for around 20,000 dollars.Resto cost more than the car is worth.Back glass used to fall in.Door hydraulics burnt out regularly.Trim blew off on the highway.etc,etc,etc.There was a time when I thought I might rebuild from the ground up like it should have been with a 401 amc police interceptor motor,Have the rear axle located and controlled properly by a local team I knew that was runnig the TA when they used to run real cars.But in the end it was not worth it and I didn't do it. Bruce

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS Bruce.
Thought so. My experience very similar. Headlight covers kept flying off, and lights would not stay down. Replaced leaky hydraulics with Terry Tanner air doors. Much better experience. Bilstein made me some custom shocks, but the car still handled crapy. I remember running MIS at over 130mph with the car on it's bump stops. Amazing I survived.

Back to the original thread. Think sissor doors will show up on Vipers as show cars. Should be spectacular.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im here, not on vacation. This will be interesting to see. As for blowing the doors off the Lambo....good luck.

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wouldnt put them on mine but it would be interesting to see. At least you wont have to worry about idiot passengers smacking the doors on the curb.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Paul told me a very funny story about the Brickin. He came up with a very nifty setup to open the doors automatically with a garage door opener. He sold many to owners and when he went to
a Brickin car show and opened his door automatically, half the doors in the parking lot opened!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul told me a very funny story about the Brickin. He came up with a very nifty setup to open the doors automatically with a garage door opener. He sold many to owners and when he went to
a Brickin car show and opened his door automatically, half the doors in the parking lot opened!

ROFLMAO *falls off chair laughing*...

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this what it might be like?
1828110_1037-med.JPG

1828110_1032-med.JPG

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks ugly. I'd rather hide my cheap plastic door interior than display it 6 feet above.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth