VIPER OWNER needs HELP....Serious SNAKE BITE...

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recieved my 2009 Viper with 3 miles on it about a month ago and I am worried sick about all the miles I have already racked up, 1475 mi as of today. I can't sleep, stay in the garage wiping, cleaning, all I want to do is drive my Viper. If it rains my day is ruined. I stay inside and become seriously depressed. My Viper don't like wet roads for some reason. My wife says I am Seriously Snake Bit.This is only my 5th Viper and I never had this sickness before now. I have heard there is no cure for this and should I go 203 mph and get to the nearest hospital in 3.4 seconds or is it too late for me to recieve help? Has anyone out there experienced this this sickness before? Was a cure found or am I Snake bit forever? Oh no, now I am even sicker, I just realized my Viper won't do 203 mph. It may go 175 if I am lucky. It only has 600 h.p. and I am not even sure if thats enough anymore. I have been forced to take Prosac, and sleeping pills to try and help my condition. Does anyone out there know anyone who has ever been diagnosed with this uncurable type of Snakebite??? I am at my wits end and this may be my last hope for a cure.....Is there a Snake Doctor in the club?? :drive: :dunno::feedback:

Last edited:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paint the wheels Pink and you may not want to drive it as much. Mine has been in storage for 3 months now and it is killing me as well. we still have 3 months to go here before we get decent weather.

Bruce

Reaction score
You could set it at the smooth track settings for ride height and the first speed bump or driveway you crash into will keep you home and worried about scratching the underside. It will become painful to drive and you will wax it and cover it then find a new and less engaging hobby.:dunno:

Or... you will see it is too fun NOT to drive hard and your wife won't notice your obsession because you will never be home....:rolaugh:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoy it......... Your lucky to own one. I bought mine to do just that drive drive and drive. I never considered keeping it under wraps. It's just way to much fun to throttle up.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please meet us next week 7pm, at the Denny's on 149th. You will be among friends and once you get up the courage to stand among us and state with firm conviction, " Hi, my name is Ray, and.........
...........................I am.............a.................Viperholic, " things will get better.

We will help you through this and remember it is a lifelong committment, and you will never truly be over the disease, but we do all understand.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had mine for five months and have 2500 miles on it - I drive it ever chance I get just not to work every day.

Enjoy it - that's what they are made for.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recieved my 2009 Viper with 3 miles on it about a month ago and I am worried sick about all the miles I have already racked up, 1475 mi as of today. I can't sleep, stay in the garage wiping, cleaning, all I want to do is drive my Viper. If it rains my day is ruined. I stay inside and become seriously depressed. My Viper don't like wet roads for some reason. My wife says I am Seriously Snake Bit.This is only my 5th Viper and I never had this sickness before now. I have heard there is no cure for this and should I go 203 mph and get to the nearest hospital in 3.4 seconds or is it too late for me to recieve help? Has anyone out there experienced this this sickness before? Was a cure found or am I Snake bit forever? Oh no, now I am even sicker, I just realized my Viper won't do 203 mph. It may go 175 if I am lucky. It only has 600 h.p. and I am not even sure if thats enough anymore. I have been forced to take Prosac, and sleeping pills to try and help my condition. Does anyone out there know anyone who has ever been diagnosed with this uncurable type of Snakebite??? I am at my wits end and this may be my last hope for a cure.....Is there a Snake Doctor in the club?? :drive: :dunno::feedback:
Roy, do you really, really want a snake doctor? I don't want the cure, snake bite is way more fun!

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the cure for you.............

"That is the ugliest Viper I've ever seen! I wouldn't be caught dead riding around in that thing! :rolleyes:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At your current rate, you will need two sets of tires a year, after the first set :money: , it may slow you down a little;)

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I have been taking everyones comments very serious and am working on trying out all input to find a cure for my "Snake Bite"....So far it has been uncurable, I hope someone out there has the solution before it is too late.....I really appreciate everyones concern. In the meantime, here I am, :drive::panic::bsm:

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are in luck Roy. I have the perfect cure. It involves quitting these daily drives cold turkey. Let me know a good date and I will swing by your house and pick your Viper up and take it away from you for a month or so. When I return it, you should be cured. If not, we'll repeat the process until you are. No worries, I have good insurance. :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful Viper you got there Roy~! Yes, Viper Fever...never cured, only can be 'treated'. Sorry, you are stricken for life....it's terminal...but not fatal~! Remember us WAYYYYY up here in the NorthEast who CANNOT DRIVE OUR CARS AT ALL...and do some runs for us. ENJOY your obsession, oops, I mean, your drastic illness. Must be contagious or some-ting...we all have it! :)
~juli

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Ok, heres a great idea, sell me the car for lets say $35,000, it will be out of the garage, you wont see it ever again, I promise, and you wont have anymore of these crazy symptoms@!!!!!!!!!!:rolaugh: