Viper Parts of America

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just have to share that Jerry at Viper Parts of America has an AMAZING perspective on customer service! I often feel like a "victim of customer" service.... many businesses don't understand what "customer service" is anymore.... but that does not include Jerry and Viper Parts of America!

Great customer service, they strive to take care of the customer!!

There was an error on the part they sent to me, it didn't actually fit my vehicle. Not only did they figure it out within 12 hours (I sent an e-mail at midnight last night and had a defined, solution by 10:00 this morning) they also offered to cover the shipping of the new part and cover the shipping cost to return this incorrect part...but they offered to cover the part cost difference!!!!!:headbang::headbang:

To me that's the most amazing aspect.... the part is for a Gen 1.... we mixed up and I got the Gen 2 part..... the Gen 1 part being more expensive....and they offered to "eat the difference" because I got the wrong part!! That is amazing customer service, the resolution and that they responded within 12 hours on a SUNDAY!!:shocked::shocked:

I will definitely buy from them any chance I can, and I recommend them to you as well.

Have a great Sunday!
Lance

Reaction score
Much as we appreciate the kudos, the reality is that this should not have happened in the first place. We pride ourselves in getting orders right the first time.

As others have mentioned correctly so many times, "the year matters." The reality is that with some parts the month and even the day of manufacture matters too. Want piston assemblies for your 1993? They are different for serial number 716 and earlier vs. 717 and later. Main bolts? Different for serial #105 and earlier vs. #106 and later. Hood for your 1993? The part numbers changed for cars built after 4/20/93. Hood hinges for your Gen I? The original part number/design changed on 10/31/92 then changed again on 3/11/93 - three part numbers/designs for the same part in less than six months.

The reality is that many parts for the Viper can be VIN-dependent, which is why your Dodge/Mopar dealers will often ask you for the VIN when ordering. As we did when ordering a seat back with blue stitching for a 2006 First Edition, the VIN was critical to get the right part. The 1996 RT/10 is very unique unto itself as many Viper owners know, with certain features of the Gen I and other features of the Gen II on the same car. It was the only year (and model) that featured 415 horsepower stock.

Lance has one of these jewels and we didn't dive into the particulars as well as we should have when we filled the order. As Viper owners and mechanics ourselves, we work very hard to get things right the first time. We learned a very valuable lesson and are very fortunate to have such an understanding customer. Thanks Lance!

Reaction score
We thought you actually read that last VIPER magazine? We should have known that it was just for the pictures. :D

Chris needs help changing the windshield wiper blades, while Jerry Dobson could disassemble and reassemble your Viper, Ferrari, or Lamborghini engine in an afternoon. Add Thad, Don, and our newest guy (Herb something) and you will find that we leave Chris up there for target practice while we quietly get things done behind the scenes.

:bigok:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry has always replied to my emails in a timely and courteous manner. Now I just have to get off my duff and place the order! :)