Viper Round Up Info

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas_Viper_Roundup_Logo.jpg

Calling Fellow Viper Owners,

It’s that time of year…time for the Annual Texas Viper Round Up. This year we are extending the invite across the central south of the country!!! This is sure to be event NOT to be missed.

As enjoyed last year, we will have great folks, great roads, and great times. At the RoundUp, memories are made and the community is brought together from around the region. If you take a road trip this spring, then this should be it. So far, we have folks from all around Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico…so come on down!!!

This year the Round Up is April 11th, 12th, and 13th. The itinerary is below (some times are not provided as the times and activities flex with the group).

Spread the word and forward this out to all Viper owners. Please RSVP if you can so I can get a head count. Last year was a big success and we want to makes this year even better!

The hotel of choice for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night will be the Marriot Spring Hill Suites. They have secure parking (one way in and one way, and patrolled by Round Rock Police), easy access from I-35 and outside of Austin traffic.

Marriot Spring Hill Suites
2960 Hoppe Trail
Round Rock, Texas 78681
(512) – 733 - 6700

Here is a link to last years Pictures and Video…enjoy!

Please RSVP by April 8th to [email protected] If you cannot make the whole 3 days, that is ok, join us when you can. If you have questions please call me at 512.565.2094.

Look forward to seeing you folks!

Ryan Fox
Central Texas VCA

Friday
BBQ Lunch
Texas patio bbq…what a way to start this event off! Chris Hickman will be firing up the grill and getting the patio ready for conversation and cuts of meat.
We are going to meet in the Marriott Spring Hill Suites parking lot at 11:00am and leave at 11:30am to start the caravan over to the Chris’ place.

Dyno and Stories
From the Hotel we will head over to the dyno. We will have dedicated access to a dyno and it will be a chance to see what your car is doing and if it is performing as it should be. This cost in covered!
We are going to meet in the Marriott Spring Hill Suites parking lot at 2:00pm and leave at 2:30pm to start the caravan over to the Dyno.

Dinner
We will head over to a wonderful new outdoor venue here in Central Texas called The Domain. Empty out your trunks, because there is plenty of shopping to do in this up-scale outdoor board walk style center.
We are going to meet in the Marriott Spring Hill Suites parking lot at 6:00pm and leave at 6:30pm to start the caravan over to the Domain.

Saturday
Breakfast
Grab a bite at one of the local eateries (several are with in walking distance of the hotel)…because we have some fun driving to get to J

Hill Country Drive
Relaxing cruise through the scenic hill country of Central Texas….I mean, that’s why you came right? Bring your cameras (and RT guys, sunscreen)!
We are going to meet in the Marriott Spring Hill Suites parking lot at 10:00am and leave at 10:30am to start the Hill Country Drive (ending at an undisclosed airstrip).

Fun runs, detailing and photos…and lunch
The drive will lead us to the runway, which will give you the opportunity to feel some fast wind in your hair. If that is not your cup of tea, then you can sit back and watch…or partake in the interior and exterior care instruction that will be going on in one of the hangers. Want more? Our professional photographer will be on site to take photos of your car in this very picturesque environment...might want to get some of the brake dust off though) Lunch will be catered onsite…Texas Style. Everything is covered! Here is a preview.

Dinner
From the airport we will head over to the sunset capital of Texas…The Oasis, for a bite to eat, and relaxing conversation while we take in the Texas sunset gleaming over the lake and hill country. Dinner is covered!
We are going to meet in the Marriott Spring Hill Suites parking lot at 6: 30pm and leave at 7pm

Sunday

Breakfast
Grab a bite at one of the local eateries that is in walking distance…because we more fun driving to get to J

Hill Country Drive and Lunch J
Relaxing cruise through the scenic hill country of Central Texas…more roads and more fun! Lunch will be offsite at a predetermined local eatery. Your taste buds won’t be disappointed.
We are going to meet in the Marriott Spring Hill Suites parking lot at 10:00am and leave at 10:30am to start the Hill Country Drive.

Possible Surprise???
The Central Texas Club is currently working on another event that might shorten the hill country drive…we will let you know more upon arrival…

SnakeInTheGulf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan
I'll be there (solo). Quick question does the Dyno shop have a nitrous fill station? I'm tuned for high altitude and need someone that knows what they are doing to check it out down here

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan
I'll be there (solo). Quick question does the Dyno shop have a nitrous fill station? I'm tuned for high altitude and need someone that knows what they are doing to check it out down here

Good Question. I"ll check it out.

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan

Nope, it doesn't...but there are plenty in the area if you need to top off.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove Harris Hill Road for the first time last weekend. Very nice track. It is similar in character to MSR Cresson, but with a bit more elevation and off camber to deal with. The owners are a great bunch of guys, as well. It's going to be a blast on Sunday.

BTW, if anyone is interested in membership, I'm organizing a group buy with a couple of local driving groups. PM me if you're interested.

Rich01RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Ryan - I had a great time. You did a fantastic job!
Sorry - duplicate post

Rich Gold

Last edited:

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Ryan,

Super Job!!!

Lots of hard work but it really paid off!

The Deck at the Oasis --- OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a great time, glad to meet several of you too. Can't wait to see pics! If anyone has any photos of my blue/white (white wheels) coupe on the road course, I'd love to have some copies.

Thanks,
Tony

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have some video of it, need to scrub that thing. I do have a cool pic of three gens of blue/white, yours, my 96 and Jasons 08 although he forgot the stripes :)

Chris

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HAVE A BUNCH OF PICTURES (around 2k )!!!

We will be getting a site up..hopefully this week where you can post/download the pictures and video.

Glad to see you folks had a great time! I had a blast and can't wait for next year...you know...we could do another fun meetup around Viperdays in October if you guys are up for it?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my schedule is open except for Oct 11-12 at the moment.

I took a ton of photos, will upload them when you get the site going.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, great getting to meet you. You have quite the ride!!!

2 hours huh? wow...well, i'll time you next time for a record ;)

Just glad I could service the freeway taking out that mason's trowel with my left side tires. I guess doing *** mph it never really touched the tires as the shards sprayed out the back. Very detailed inspection of the tires has revealed not even a slight mark anywhere.

Michelin, you rock. :2tu:

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave I was in front of you when that trowel bounced off your wheel. I can say that was luck on your part, it was a metal trowel and it went flying up into the air without hitting anyone else.

Joel on the other hand popped out from behind a car to pass and found a dead dog in the middle of I35. I won’t go into gory details but it wasn’t pretty when it came out the back end.

Chris

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to drive straight over that stupid trowel too, couldn't go left or right. So, I aimed it dead center, and it spanked the hell out of my underside. Didn't see any damage though.

Tony

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the hell are you guys even talking about...I didin't see anything up in the front...do we need to be concerned that folks in teh front are throwing trowels out of the Viper to slow the folks behind them down? :)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the hell are you guys even talking about...I didin't see anything up in the front...do we need to be concerned that folks in teh front are throwing trowels out of the Viper to slow the folks behind them down? :)

That does sound like something we need to bring up at the driver's meeting.

Drink cups full of soda... OK

Mason's trowels or other metal tools... NOT!

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First…renew your VCA membership or sign up if you haven’t…because this event was only possible through the VCA memberships of the local regions…which paid for themselves in just one day of this one event.

A couple of weeks ago the 2008 Viper Round Up was held here in Central Texas. I started this event in 2007 in order to build a better community in the Texas and outlying areas. I thought it would be nice to be able to go to another Texas city, email some folks and meet for coffee, dinner or anything else. I believe this Round Up helped in providing that bond between the cities and the community. Over time I hope this instills a sense of community in outlying states with Texas.

I wanted to thank everyone who attended and made this event possible. If no one attends, then the event dies…this years event was 2-3 times larger than last year…next year will be even bigger!

Fun was had by all and you can view the short video and the uploaded pictures by visiting the links below.

Enjoy and let the stories begin! Maybe talk about the wonderful road with 180 degree sloping turns… ;)

www.centraltexasviperclub.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9laT1r0eSc

Ryan

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan

Thanks for getting all this put together. Now all I have to do is work my way through the pics. Time to get to work.

Chris

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21