Viper sighting in Dublin (Columbus)

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I have no clue how you see so many Vipers in Columbus. Seriously, I have seen zero this year, save mine. I look 24/7. I scour. Heck, I have seen two really nice Ferrari's this year (one yesterday) and still no snakes. Lucky, lucky man.

OP
OP
V

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two weeks ago was an amazing weekend! Three cobra replicas, a '71 Stang convert, '67 Stang convert, '67 Camaro with high intake, and even a Lamborghini Diablo VT. I had a list I was going to post but decided to hold back. I'll bring it into work, if I can find it, and post it. Keep in mind, it's only the second snake I've seen here. I think if it were MD, I would have seen 5 by now, lol. These rare snakes must be up in Cleveland or down in Cinci.

Was one of those Ferraris a 348 Spyder. I've seen the same one twice. Both sightings within 3 weeks of each other in the same area.

S

SUN RA KAT

I saw 2 Vipers in Centerville, Ohio on July 4th.

1st one was a blue with white stripes RT-10 going somewhere the oposite direction. The 2nd one was a '96 GTS blue with white stripes that ran beside me in Centerville's Americana Parade.

BTW - I never thought Vipers could run so slow as we did in the parade. Our top speed was that of a moderate walk - 2 mph?

OP
OP
V

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Average walking speed of an adult man is 4 mph. Not too many Blue/White RT/10s. I remember seeing one at a VCA meet at Heffner's old shop (first meet I ever went to).

How far is Centerville from Columbus (I'm just off of 270 in Hilliard)

S

SUN RA KAT

Centerville is about 75 miles away from Columbus.

Most of the time (90%) I had the clutch pedal to the floor and we were just coasting - the parade route was on a very slight downhill. I'd been to many of these parades before and I'd never seen a car rev its engine until I did. It was a big crowd pleaser.

S

SUN RA KAT

I bet it was a crowd pleaser with the "whistler."

Actually, the whistle is only heard at idle and even then you have to listen for it to hear it - the Belanger Headers, Random Tech Ultra High Flow Cats, & 3" Corsa Cat Back what they heard when the mighty Viper V10 was revved.

OP
OP
V

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really!? I've been near to and ridden in [Heffner] supercharged Vipers before and you can clearly hear the whistle, esp at idle/slow cruise. Not sure what exhaust they were running, but exhaust was noticable and you could still hear the whistle. Especially in Mark Coopers (which I rode in). We were passing parked cars right next to us at 5 MPH and the echoing whine was noticable right away. At that time he had similar HP #s to yours.

Glad you gave the chance to let others appreciate your SC'd snake.

S

SUN RA KAT

Sean Roe's twin screw supercharger is very, very quiet.

Teddy Roosevelt said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."