Viper Technical Information

luke_1201

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a source for Viper tech info. Specifically the harnesses, sensors and the signals that the sensors output to the ECU.

Where can I find this info?

OP
OP
L

luke_1201

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do these manuals, the '99 for instance, not only provide the wiring diagrams, but tell the output (0-5v, 4-20mA, etc.) of each sensor, and describe each sensor, like it's type (for example if it was a crank or cam sensor, tell if it was: missing tooth, magnetic pickup, etc.)?

This is the info I need.

OP
OP
L

luke_1201

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So where can a guy find that kind of information? Surely the technicians have access to this information?

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question. I don't have my manuals with me right now but I think there is another book which covers diagnostics. That has some information you can glean off of it. It's just a series of flowcharts for testing things...checking voltages, pressures, etc. (It may be in the shop manual, can't remember) It doesn't really talk about the operational principles of things. I have been trying for quite a while just to find some information on the ECU and how it's programmed (i.e. flowcharts or computer code).

OP
OP
L

luke_1201

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does DC not have some type of 'technology transfer' program? They should have one, it sure does jump-start the aftermarket. Ford as a very nice program. Dodge needs to make it easy to get access to these types of information.

How did AEM come up with their data?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you get a manual set, it comes with "body diagnostic procedures" and the "powertrain diagnostic procedures" Both talk about electrical inputs and outputs. This may be what you are looking for, but call Chuck Tator and he will know for sure. 914-763-3136