Viper too new to run events at VOI9?

CuHead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got my first Viper (2006 copperhead) and am in the process of breaking it in. I plan to get to 500 miles in 50 to 100 mile trips so as to run the motor cold as few times as possible before getting to 500 miles.

I will probably get to 500 miles just in time to do an oil change, inspection, and head off to VOI9, another 500 miles in a single trip.

That puts me at 1000 miles at VOI9.

So my question is whether that is enough to start pushing the car a little on the track at VOI9, or should I pass on taking the Viper to this one?

CuHead

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will be HIGHLY upset if you dont drive your new viper to VOI 9. Your car is well broken in plus you can decide what events you want to drive it in and how hard you want to push it. I have been to several VOI events and without the car it is just not the same. I am not taking it this time due to the distance and at my age its hard to party all night and be at the track at 6am. Bring it!!!

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received my car last year just before the New England Rendevous,I only had 600 miles on my car when I got there. I did everything they had to offer and had the best time of my life.Thanks to the New Jersey Club.My advice is bring your car and drive it, you will feel what the car can do .

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just take it a little easy.

There aren't any "races" that I know of, just fun drives.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Factory recommended break-in is 500 miles, so you will be ready to go when you get to VOI.

Now think of the owners that took delivery of their yellow/black VCA Editions at VOI 8 in Dallas - many were on the track the very next day! The same will undoubtedly be true for those taking delivery of the VOI Editions this year in Vegas. Yours will seem like an "old man" in comparison. Have fun!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No problem at all, your will be more than broken in, and the events will just make it a seasoned veteran. I would get the oil changed right before you leave and then just come and enjoy!!!

Best Regards,
Bill Pemberton

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21