Viper Vs Viper (video)

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night's Sacramento grudge drags offered the opportunity for a little friendly cannibalism amongst the local Viper clan. I was there with my wife's "most rice" Red & White '01 Daytona, complete with roadrace wing, and Kevin brought his 'Blue & White 97 GTS with bolt-ons and NOS. We had three good runs:
1) motor-to-motor, Kevin edged me out with a 11.76 @ 117.6 to my 12.14 @ 115.1;
2) the second the little bastich sprayed me to a humiliating 11.48 @ 126.5 to my 12.17 @ 113.6;
3) I finally got my revenge motor-to-motor, with an 11.90 @ 114.2 to Kevin's 12.21 @ 115.9
smile.gif

By sheer coincidence, the third run is the only one which turned out well on video
supergrin.gif
so that's the one I posted:
-- http://www.treynor.com/ViperVsViper.wmv
The burnouts came out particularly well, due to the proximity of the camera to the action...

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good going Ben!

I'm going to try and get up to Sac sometime soon, as I haven't yet been to the track with my Viper.

Your 11.90 was with Slicks right?

It will be interesting to see the Yellow beast at Sac after you get it back here.

It sounds like you two had fun at the track. But I do wonder how long you wifes Viper remains stock.
wink.gif

-Dean.

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha ha. Ben you little sneaky ******* .

Run #2 had a crappy burnout and horrible launch. You had me so bad out of the hole. But the NOS was just like a F&F scene eh?
Run #3 the clutch slipped all the way down the track. After my good burnout, I was all set to toast you. Slipping clutch plus Nos =worse run of the night. Figures the video only had that one record. The only good thing was the timing people stopped chewing me out for going too fast!

Well I guess I'll just add the clutch cost to the sc install cost (sigh)
frown.gif

All in all a fun night
supergrin.gif
bounce.gif

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ben, why is your trap speed so low? is it due to the Big wing and splitter of the Daytona? What mods do you have on the car?
Great ET by the way, what was your 60ft?

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Kevin --
supergrin.gif
I'm sure I can find that NOS run where you toasted me if I dig around in the videotape a bit more...

Mash -- the Daytona's a stock creampuff, and Sacto always seems to run a bit slower than the other local tracks. I've run the Daytona as fast as 117.5 MPH, but not on this night. The aero stuff does seem to slow the car down a bit. My 60' on that run was 1.74, while Kevin was mostly running high 1.6s (he's got 3.55 gears, I've got stock 3.07s)