Viper vs Z06 Race Day

Coop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my first post to your forum and would like to propose a Viper vs Z06 race day at Houston Raceway Park. I will post the same message on the Z06Vette site. I own a 2003 Electron Blue Z06 and think it would be a great evening to meet people that drive the same type of cars I like to own and drive - (American Made, High Horsepower, 2 Seat, and great sounding exhaust). This is not meant to be a grudge match or prove who has the fastest car, just an opportunity for people to get together and race their cars. I'm not a fan of street racing and have never had the opportunity to run a viper in the quarter. So I propose August 29th at 5:30 PM at Houston Raceway Park; we meet at the track, chat about our cars, and RACE. The cost is $15 for racing and $8 for spectators. The staging lanes close at 10:45 PM, so this should give us plenty of time to run our cars. Please respond to let me know if your are interested and I will handle all the correspondance between sites.

Look forward to meeting you at the track.

CoopZ06

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may get a better response if you put this in the GTS section and/or snake pit. Sounds great but a little far for me.

OP
OP
C

Coop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes - please bring the Lingenfelter vette. I have never had a chance to see one. Thanks to those who have responded and please mention this thread to other members.

Thanks.

Dozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mmmmm, wish I lived closer to Houston! I'd love to run up against some SRT-10s on the track. Ran into a silver SRT-10 the other day on the street, but it was just no contest, he didn't have a prayer of keeping up. :\

2002 EB Z06 w/ATI & Headers. 607.1RWHP.

http://www.dozer.com/z06.jpg

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:p ;)

Very nice Z. You need to play with an equivalently-modified Viper (like mine) for more of a challenge. I see you're only 5 miles from me, up in Foster city... perhaps when I'm back in town we can arrange a little GTG :laugh:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
:p ;)

Very nice Z. You need to play with an equivalently-modified Viper (like mine) for more of a challenge. I see you're only 5 miles from me, up in Foster city... perhaps when I'm back in town we can arrange a little GTG :laugh:

"Come into my web, said the spider to the fly" :)

Dozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like fun to me! :) I'm always up for a good challenge, even if I know I'll get whupped. Actually ran against a modded Honda F4i that my friend has the other day and was able to pull on 'em.

Do you get your mods done down at Apex?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like fun to me! :) I'm always up for a good challenge, even if I know I'll get whupped. Actually ran against a modded Honda F4i that my friend has the other day and was able to pull on 'em.

Do you get your mods done down at Apex?

MODDED F4i you say :eek: :D :D :D

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're on! Do you ever make it up to Sacramento Raceway for grudge night?

Oh, and my current Viper mods were all done by Doug Levin out in Florida.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas