Viper Winter STORAGE? Car Capsule?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well HEY EVERYONE!! It's been a LONG time since i've been on here. Busy busy with daily life etc and the Viper has been on the back burner lately. Anyway WOW this site has changed so much and my avatar says i'm an "Enthusiest" ..how can i get that changed BTW?

Anyway looking to store my baby better this winter and found the Car Capsule. Anyone use it?? If so can you give me some feedback on how you like it and the durability of it. Thanks in advance!

Here is the link:
http://www.carcapsule.com/

Last edited:

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is perfect timing that you started this thread. Somebody just told me about this 2 or 3 days ago and I was going to check it out online.
:eater:
:eater:

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome back! The "Viper owner" tag no longer exists, so you're either a VCA member or enthusiast. Just renew your membership and you'll be upgraded back to VCA member.

Hey man, thanks! How are the ******* girls treating you? Man this site has changed, i'm all lost now and I don;t recognize who anyone is lol

Yah I need to get on renewing my membership again. Thanks for the info buddy!

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the free standing Bubble, but it's double the price of the Car Capsule (like $699, compared to $349 for the non free standing bubble.). Plus i'd like it all see through so I can admire my baby! But yah thats a really nice one!

troybax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Car Casule. Just put the Viper in it for the first time about 3 weeks ago. So I can't comment on long range durability, but it does seem to be made well for what it is. Plus like another poster said I like to be able to see it during the winter. Plus it seems like it would protect it from any minor dings or scratches. Bottom line is, as of right now I am very satisfied with mine.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well HEY EVERYONE!! It's been a LONG time since i've been on here. Busy busy with daily life etc and the Viper has been on the back burner lately. Anyway WOW this site has changed so much and my avatar says i'm an "Enthusiest" ..how can i get that changed BTW?

Anyway looking to store my baby better this winter and found the Car Capsule. Anyone use it?? If so can you give me some feedback on how you like it and the durability of it. Thanks in advance!

Here is the link:
http://www.carcapsule.com/

I have no personal experience with the car capsule so I can't comment. I have been fine with just a car cover on the Viper during the winter months. One thing to consider is a battery tender. If using the capsule you will not be able to use one and lets face it...the Viper eats up batteries really fast. Just something to consider. :)

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used (2) car capsules for about 5 years before I built my new garage and it was always trouble free. You can hook up a battery tender with no problems. If anyone's interested I'd sell one for $175.00 plus shipping. The other one I had a small hole in the top side and patched it with no problems. I'd let it go for $125.00 plus shipping. Just make sure you have a car cover over your car as you have to drape the deflated plastic bubble on the car before it inflates and I'm sure you don't want any suface scratches or marks.

JustinB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both are nice products but the statement about the battery tender is a good point. I'm sure the area you are keeping it in will factor in on its life anf filter maintence.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used (2) car capsules for about 5 years before I built my new garage and it was always trouble free. You can hook up a battery tender with no problems. If anyone's interested I'd sell one for $175.00 plus shipping. The other one I had a small hole in the top side and patched it with no problems. I'd let it go for $125.00 plus shipping. Just make sure you have a car cover over your car as you have to drape the deflated plastic bubble on the car before it inflates and I'm sure you don't want any suface scratches or marks.
Being as they are at least 5 yrs old. I;'d be a little worried about the motor durability and or condition. How long is it and what brand bubble is it?

Jimbos1980

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another less expensive idea is the Car Jacket. I just bought one myself and bagged it over the weekend. The idea is to keep the car dry on the inside and if you use a batter tender you can run the cable through the jacket between the zippers. Works slick. if you own a coupe you will need size M1 which is priced at $199 after a VCA discount. Here's the website-ask for John or Betty. http://carbag.com/ Hope this helps............
You must be registered for see images attach

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.. Not to hijack your thread but,...

Where have you been?

Last we heard your car was for sale and you moved to Arizona to work as a border guard.

We've got a dyno day this Saturday. Bring that "laugh gas" burner out..

Good luck with your bubble...:D

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.. Not to hijack your thread but,...

Where have you been?

Last we heard your car was for sale and you moved to Arizona to work as a border guard.

We've got a dyno day this Saturday. Bring that "laugh gas" burner out..

Good luck with your bubble...:D

Hey man lol, I have been here all along, still living across the river in Belleville. I decided not to become a Border Agent and I Didn't sell the Viper !!!. I was seriously stressed like a mad man trying to work at Boeing and go to accelerated night classes for my degree + just daily life things flying at me, after I graduated I decided to take some time for myself to breath and I got Married a year ago, focused on my wife and my personal life. Now that i've finished my degree and took a breather, i've decided on going back into the Marine Corps to become an Officer. Since i've served over 7 yrs active enlisted, I'd only have 13 until I'm elgible to retire. I just woke up one morning and felt like I needed to go back in, it;s weird I know but I can't explain it.

SO i'm focusing on that, its hard to transition out of a great paying job just to go back to OCS Boot Camp, i';ve got to get my mind right and my body prepped. It's happening but at a slow pace. I have to drop my run time down to 19 min 30 seconds - 3 miles.... to be competitive at OCS so currently i'm working on that. Looking at trying to get back in early next year...at least thats what I have planned.

SO yah the Viper is still my baby, since then I bought an SRT8 Challenger and I have a V6 Charger SXT for my long commute to work. I'm VERY glad I didn't sell the Viper!!

Not sure i'll be able to make it Saturday, it's my Birthday on Sunday so Saturday my wife is having a birthday party for me. But I definitely need to come out and catch up with you all sometime soon! I do plan on hitting up Fast Eddies this Sunday and crusing the Viper for my B-Day :)

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brand is Car Capsule. Size is 18' x 76" x 68" retails now for $379.00 plus shipping

Sounds good! Can you possibly take some pictures of your bubble and send them to me at [email protected] . Is it the completely clear one? 18 feet is probably what i'll be needing so i'm definitely interested. Do you know for sure it does not have any holes in it? Has it been blown up in a while to check everything works properly? Are the zippers in good condition and everything??

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang