Viperdays challenge of the year has been laid down....

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The challenge has been made http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000413.html Wiley veteran Ken Adelberg from the famed Mumford/Adelberg wars has issued a challenge to rookie phenom SSpeed Racer at the Viperdays event at Thunderhill. Vegas odds have opened at 3 to 1 in favor of the veteran Adelberg. The odds were set with a number of things in mind, Adelberg has the more modified car with exhaust work and more importantly a set of Stoptech brakes, Thunderhill is also his favorite track which he has run many times, and he has been driving Vipers for quite a while. The rookie phenom SSpeed Racer set Viperdays on its ear with the fastest time ever posted at Willow Springs with a stock, yes STOCK Viper at 1:32.721. Adelberg is also taking a drop in class to the Prepared division and will run the stock Michlins. This is SSpeed's first run at Thunderhill so he will be flying by the seat of his pants. So who do you think will take the Prepared division at Thunderhill? The veteran with the more modified car, more Thuderhill track exerience and more Viper experience or the rookie phenom in the totally stock Viper with barely 2 months of Viper ownership and NO Thunderhill experience.

This humble reporter knows both gentlemen and after getting the s**t scared out of him by the rookie at Buttonwillow I have to go for the underdog at 3 to 1.

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan
my car is Stock but the points (matrix) it is given puts it in the prepared class because of ABS. I dont understand why. I would be glad to run in the stock class!!! This is what Bill Pemberton told me from the get go. I questioned it over and over but he is right

So I better do some homework (s**t together) if I am going to beat Adelberg!!

Bring on the SMACK!!!!!

3 to 1 huh!! Where do I put my money down!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

wonder who I will put it on??

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

That should be interesting.

Ken was slightly faster than me with my 69 Mustang at Laguna but I was down about 120 HP due to the sound limit and Ken had BIG slicks tires.
I usually run 1.41 with the 69

I was faster than you with my 65 Shelby last month at laguna but you were on street tires.

I will be at Thunderhill on friday testing with my Roush Trans Am.
I was may be thinking of doing the Viper days with my T/A.
What do you think?
will I go down in the 40"?
Luc

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take the Rookie (hardly the appropriate word here). John is a great driver and even greater guy. He let me use his tools, let me ride in his car, and rode in mine to give me pointers on how drive the course fast. I didn't find his driving style scary at all. Quite the contrary. He is very very smooth, and appears to always have control of the car. Fastest guy I know that doesn't know how to heel and toe. Just wait until he learns that! Watch out Prepared Class. I'll put my money on SSpeed Racer. Just where do we place this bet?

BTW the worst thing about having a 01 GTS is that it puts me in the same class as John
frown.gif

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave it to SlowCal to bring on the Smack fest...

So whose got the used Michelins for me? Man, I was planning to just have fun that weekend. SSpeed you go and do your homework and study hard. The gloves come off and I'll see you in the parking lot when the bell rings.
pissed.gif

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken I have a set( Cars a month and 1/2 old and I already have a used set) they have 4 track weekends on them. So make you bid!!!

Why would I offer.....I put small holes in each tire
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lets get ready to Rumble!!!!!!!
death2.gif

Jon 98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, I tried to warn you guys in an earlier thread:

Do NOT show up in my backyard without slicks!

My 'lil Red Sled has been resting all winter but now, she's ready to rock and hand out beatdowns to anyone who shows up at T-hill and dares run street tires (Adelberg and SSpeedRacer included).

Sorry SoCal, but you're well-intentioned challenge missed the mark a bit since these guys are only competing for 2nd place. (And 2nd place = 1st loser, right?)

War Mudflaps!!!

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jon 98GTS:

Sorry SoCal, but you're well-intentioned challenge missed the mark a bit since these guys are only competing for 2nd place. (And 2nd place = 1st loser, right?)

War Mudflaps!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that mean I'm gonna be the 6th or 7th loser???? I guess I'll have to bring Candi and some of her friends to distract you guys.

WAR LOCAL YOKALS

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell if you brought Candie, there is no way i could concentrate heck Ken wins!!! Sorry jon you can battle with Ken (racer x)

Jon, why do you need mudflaps?? Is that to keep the mud out of your wheelwells when you go off track?? LOL

I will find something else to do!!!
devil.gif
devil.gif

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheerleaders are manditory! Bring Candi and the gang. Ron you may want to bring the front tires for Jon 98, he loves to flat spot tires. The mud flaps are for those cute naked lady silhouettes, helps re-direct sunlight to the competition. Cheap way to go fast, or maybe its to compete with Tom Glenn when he cuts half the track to start forest fires.

Well, Jon is the real street tire force to instill fear in us S. Cal. boys. Great to have him back in the car. Looks like a really fun weekend. Shoot, my money is on Skip not being able to stop driving. Who has the odds on that?

WAR S. CAL. DRIVERS!!!!!!

Jon 98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, Kenny, but you took away my crown for being the Laguna Seca Flat Spot King. Remember that episode going into Turn 3? (What's your excuse for that one?)

And truth be told, SOSRacer, I found out in Hallet that my mudflaps are pretty useless off track. But they do give Tom Glenn something to whine about...

Hey, how come no one has mentioned orange cones yet?

Should be a great weekend -- looking forward to seeing everyone there.

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny I got 2 front tires in my garage. And hey I'm in Prepared also, so you two have to contend with me also
laugh.gif
, AND I'll have my 4 wheel Stoptechs on by then. I'll be a force to be reckonded with, maybe I'll be able to move up to 7th in the standings
laugh.gif

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
Candi says she's gonna bring her friends Hope, Faith & Chastity, now what color cheerleading outfits do I put them in. Decisions, Decisions.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an easy one:

Candi - Red
Hope - Yellow
Faith - Blue
Chastity - White

Now about the skirt length....

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron with these girls riding up with us to Thunderhill how in the H**l are we going to concentrate on the Road??

I guess 2 get to ride with me
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
and the other 2 with you??

What a ride this is going to be
devil.gif
devil.gif

"Dreaming in Southern California"