Vipers@Biltmore Caravan - Charlotte/Raleigh

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone want to ride up to Asheville together from the Charlotte area? If there is a nice group from Raleigh, then I wouldn't mind meeting in Statesville then taking I-40 over.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good idea, I guess it will depend on people's intended departure times (Friday evening, early Saturday morning, etc.). I will see about Don sending out a message to this thread to the attendees so that they can speak up if interested. I plan to leave the Raleigh area super-early on Saturday, at 5 or 5:30am. Do you have a departure time in mind?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a possibility I might shift to Friday night, depending on some family developments.

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be leaving on Saturday morning. Haven't figured out what time just yet, but it doesn't really matter..I'll head out whenever!

magnumman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're going to have a group going out of Charlotte/Concord that morning then meeting up with those guys coming down from the Raleigh area. We'll hook up with them in Statesville.

Email me at [email protected] I'm the VCA event coordinator for the southern part of our region.

SilverStreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I will be leaving from Concord area and would be interested in hooking up.

Come on Revived Gearhead you have over a week to get a viper for the meet. If you wait for the economic recovery you will pay more for the same car! Buy one now. You will regret it if you don't.

Hey Too many toys I look forward to seeing you again. You will surely have the Baddest Viper there!!!

Anybody from the Concord Charlotte area I would be happy to run with you. I haven't decided if I will leave Friday and stay near
Ashville or Drive up Saturday.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be in town. I now have a trailer and a tow vehicle. Are there still rooms available in case I can make it?

magnumman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would need to call the "INN" at the Biltmore directly (Sarah Bainbridge 828-225-1405 and tell her you're with the VCA group). We are past our window of getting rooms at a group rate. However, maybe she can do something for you. It doesn't hurt to ask. If that doesn't work we were promoting the "SLEEP INN" right outside the entrance
(Call (828) 277-1800 to inquire)

Don

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be in town. I now have a trailer and a tow vehicle. Are there still rooms available in case I can make it?

Like Don mentioned above, contact the Inn at the Biltmore as they might be able to squeeze you in, or if you are interested in being offsite, check out the Sleep Inn just outside.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's the status on people from Raleigh, etc. with plans to leave for the Biltmore (Friday? Saturday?) and caravan interest? Looks like I'm back to leaving Saturday early morning at the moment.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most will be driving, but that is more of guess. FYI, there will be an email to all those signed up about Saturday morning caravan information coming out shortly (also will post here), for those coming from 40E (Raleigh, etc.) and from Charlotte.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, a bit off topic, but does the carolina club have something going on in the first week of December? I heard there was going to be a big get together and might try to make it, since I can't go to the Biltmore.................. :(

magnumman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Subject: Vipers @ the Biltmore Update and Caravan Information

This weekend is the Vipers at the Biltmore event! We look forward to seeing everyone this weekend. We will also have a special guest of Tom Sessions, premier Viper Tech, for any questions (and hopefully not necessary, any technical assistance).

The initial on-site meeting location will be in the parking lot across from the group sales office at the Biltmore, between 8:30 and 9:00 am on Saturday the 22nd. Event information flyers will be available on site for the rest of the itinerary, basically as previously outlined.

If you'd like to join a caravan up to the Biltmore in Asheville Saturday morning, there will be some caravan options, as follows.

One from the Triangle area at the Exxon on E. Harden St. in Graham, NC (Exit #140 on I40/I85) at 5:15 am and depart by 5:30 am. (Anyone from the Triad area that wants to join up, please contact John Slaughter at 434-242-6842.)

One from the Concord/Charlotte area at the Zmax dragway entrance (right off of Exit #49 off of i85) at 6:15 am.

From there both caravans will proceed and meet up in Statesville on I40 westbound at Exit 148 in the parking lot of the "Boxcar Grille" at 6:45 am. We'll wait around 15 minutes and then leave at 7:00 am to head to Asheville to arrive around 8:30 am.

Anyone who just wants to meet us there at the "Boxcar Grille", be there at 6:45 am, otherwise you can just hang out on an exit ramp along our route and just join us as we go by.

The Concord/Charlotte group will be heading up I77 northbound to I40 westbound in statesville and then on out to Asheville (contact is Don Smith 301-643-5588).

The group coming down from the Triangle area will going out I40 westbound the whole way

(contact is John Slaughter 434-242-6842).

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, a bit off topic, but does the carolina club have something going on in the first week of December? I heard there was going to be a big get together and might try to make it, since I can't go to the Biltmore.................. :(

Whimp!!!!:D Just get in that car and go north.

BarryBum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard something about a cruise over to the Lake Lure area on Saturday afternoon. Anyone got any info on that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang