Vipers don't **** and here's why

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It must be that odd sense of humor that only 03 and later owners understand!....:D

^^This lol^^ After I read through it two times, I caught it. Sarcasm can be hit or miss without voice fluctuation and emphasis to back it up. It's okay though, Mimes and World History professors suffer from the same problem.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't kick any Viper out of my garage. Even if it leaked a little oil! I've been to 3 VOIs' and each time I think: There's not a bad looking car here.... except maybe the one with bull horns in Texas.:lmao:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the dumbest statement ever made. Nowhere in America is it legal to drive 85 so how would anyone know if a Viper is unstable over 85?

chuck, that was true until recently:

Texas Ups Speed Limit To 85 MPH http://consumerist.com/2011/09/texas-ups-speed-limit-to-85-mph.html

Put the pedal to the metal and get it in gear, today the max speed limit in Texas was officially raise to 85 MPH. Woohoo, yee-doggy!

But it will still be some time before motorists are allowed to actually go 85 MPH. While the speed limit has changed, the speed limit signs have not. The Texas Department of Transportation will first be evaluating which stretches of highways can safely have their speed limits increased to just 75 from 70. The study will be completed, along with the posting of the new signs, by 2013.

so in the near future texas roads will be filled with wobbly vipers :omg: .....think of the children :panic:

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i never looked twice at the old vipers, cause they do ****, but the the 03 and up are the real deal----
See, I was just the opposite. I didn't even look at anything after an 02' (NO COMPARISON) in body styles. As everybody knows, looks too much like the vettes (I know everbody says they handle so much better). Then, I found out they ONLY made the steel gray in 00' (so creampuff or not, that was it & it had to be the rt/10 cause I could never get over those big ass gas caps on the gts) JMO!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about that blue, I posted before I read all the other posts. No need to now try & explain my logic! By the way though, I do think the rt/10's look more like the clown shoe than the gts (but that's ONLY when they have the tops on). jmo

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey hey hey, don't be banging on my gas cap! Lol :) I NEED that big gas cap so I can make those NASCAR style refueling pit stops! Seriously though I'm like you and really didn't have an interest in anything newer than an 02. I looked at the newer models but the styling of my GTS just couldn't be topped by the newer cars,mechanically and power.... Yes... Probably, but I'm still modding! :) but styling? Nope, just didn't do it for me. But luckily we all have different tastes or we would have ended up being one of the sheep in a Corvette...:rolaugh:

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we've all learned something in this thread.

The internet is serious business.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chuck 98RT10, for once you are wrong , and you are a perfect example that Vipers do ****, as when you or I are on the track we have found out that Snakes ...................." **** the doors off Porsches, Vettes, Bimmers and the like!!!"

Now that is the end of the thread.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the dumbest statement ever made. Nowhere in America is it legal to drive 85 so how would anyone know if a Viper is unstable over 85?
silly silly, i never meant it seriously, someone else did from another thread, it all started from that and a few people got it, and some didnt.... chill----- you cant really think i was serious about that?:)

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:eater: This was some good reading. Made me laugh a couple times. And im sitting hear by myself.

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
silly silly, i never meant it seriously, someone else did from another thread, it all started from that and a few people got it, and some didnt.... chill----- you cant really think i was serious about that?:)

Disappointment. I would have thought someone with a mutual level of heathy sarcasm would have seen it in my reply.

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That guy is an idiot. My 1997 GTS was AMAZING at hi speeds..a good alignment changes that car dramatically. I am a record holding championship winning road course racer in the American Sedan class (track record at Sebring) so I know handling. That GTS is just planted and predictable at high speeds (it did pretty good at Le Mans hi speed track...LOL...winning). My 2010 ACR..now thats a little darty right now...I need to tweak the alignment a little and it will be good. A driver who is used to driving street cars (big fat cadillacs and sloppy old Lincoln Continentals) will not like the feel of a real racecar like the Viper. A racecar driver does not like streetcars (lazy in response to the wheel). BUT a porsche..uggh .puh-lease. Don't say porsche in the same sentence as a Viper. Street porsches are for posers. Plus the porsche interior makes you feel like you are in a VW and until the turbo finally spools up..it feels like you are in a V-dub. I have no patience for a turbo to spool up so I can go.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BLUE, its waaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooo LATE to start Backpeddling NOW! Just go out of town for a few days & maybe it'll just go away or at least die down! jmo