Vipers Wanted Mpoar Day @New England Dragway

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Sunday,Sept 18th, New England Dragway will be hosting Mopar Day. The Viper club of New England is offering all viper clubs and owners to attend/participate.New England dragway is located in Epping NH. For more info, contact Tim Cloutier, E-mail: [email protected]

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Vipers Wanted Mopar Day @New England Dragway

Hey Tim. Thanks for announcing our Mopar Day event at New England Dragway. As the New England Region Performance Director, I expect to see your supercharged Carroll Shelby special edition GTS burning up the quarter mile! :)

This is the New England Dodge Dealers' 16th Annual Mopar Power Festival. The day will have all-Mopar action, including vintage Mopars, Vipers, Prowlers, PT Cruisers, etc. VCA members can test their launching skills 1320 feet at a time, or just park in the Car Show Corral and watch the races.

New England Dragway's Web site is:

http://www.newenglanddragway.com

The gates open at 8am and the Time Trials begin at 9am.

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welp, the day went pretty well. We had a half-dozen performance addicts show up to do some runs in their Vipers. All three generations were present:

2DSC_3564-med.jpg

2DSC_3569-med.jpg

2DSC_3571-med.jpg

My best time was 12.2 at ~119 MPH. I was hoping to beat my personal best of 12.1, but just couldn't hook up. Most of the first timers were in the low 13s, but were reaching into the 12s on their second run. Dave Morrill in his twin-turbocharged beast got an 11.2 run, but was going easy.

2DSC_3573-med.jpg

2DSC_3575-med.jpg

Unfortunately, our Performance Director Tim blew his rear end on his first attempt of the day. He didn't even leave the Christmas tree. The track announcer actually called for a moment of silence for "what is probably the most expensive rear end at today's event."

2DSC_3590-med.jpg

It took them 'til 10:30am to dry the track. We got our two trial runs in, broke for lunch (Tim and Alana did a GREAT job with the logistics and food arrangements, BTW), after which it started to drizzle.

2DSC_3585-med.jpg

2DSC_3587-med.jpg

The drizzle never stopped until they called the event. Everybody's ticket is now a raincheck, and we're hoping to reschedule the event for some time in late October.

There were some pretty sweet Mopar muscle cars in the Show Car Corral, including my favorite, the late 60's Dodge Charger:

2DSC_3582-med.jpg

2DSC_3583-med.jpg

2DSC_3584-med.jpg

One of our members even won First Prize in the Viper class:

2DSC_3589-med.jpg

I'd personally like to thank Joe Germann of Motorhead Extraordinaire for the free use of his track support services during our drag racing event:

2DSC_3562-med.jpg

For better or worse, his awning came in very handy as Mother Nature decided to put a stop to our fun. Joe was ready for anything, carrying with him a fully enclosed trailer with tools, spare parts, a compressor and a gas generator.

More pictures are available on our region's Web site:

http://www.neviperclub.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=576

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

great event! wish i could of made it but car is at tators.

"One of our members even won First Prize in the Viper class:"

BTW what did he win first class for? viper with a front plate?? :) congrats on a nice looking SRT10