Virginia City Hil Climb Top Viper (anybody)?

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine went there where his brother competed and exploded his v8 240Z and.....

there was one Viper among many that was just different.

He noticed the tires were larger but there were many numerous little things that were different from the other vipers - but nothing radically different.

And this Viper humiliated the other ones. This one was able to come out of a hairpin before one of the big straights ridiculously faster than the other Vipers.

He thinks the car was blue maybe with white stripes.

Was anyone there and/or know anything about this killer Viper?

Clayton Kresge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car belongs to Michael Horzewski. He ran a 3:19 up the hill, which is darn fast. The only other cars to beat him were a Ferrari F40 at 3:17 and a mega-horsepower Ruf Porsche with a guy who runs Pikes Peak driving at 3:12.

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike did an awesome job!

I was there and I guess I don't feel particularly humiliated. He is a great driver with a fast car and a lot of experience at the hill climb. He was also running slicks which makes for a massive difference in corner speed, essential on the hill. It was a truly an incredible event and all the vipers ran very competitively.

Cheers.

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
tomatper,

I have the blue Viper your friend was referring to.

If anyone ever has the chance to run the Hill Climb I suggest you take the opportunity. It is a gathering of motorheads just having fun legally tearing up a twisty mountain road at triple digit speeds. It is held on Father's Day every year. There is a great website to check out this event. It is http://www.nsxfiles.com/stories.htm click on chapter 70.

This was my second year running the Hill Climb. I have heard Vipers traditionally do very well at the Hill Climb. This year was no exception as ALL the Vipers ran great. Ted May from Valaya Racing has been going for years and was there with tools in hand to support the Viper Guys. He did a great job setting up my car, not to mention changing my clutch lying in the street on the second day!

As for the car, it is a '96 GTS with TNT headers, Borla cat-back, K&N air box, T&D rockers, Baer/Alcon calipers, StopTech rotors, Penske shocks with Hypercoil springs, and Purner wheels with Goodyear slicks.

bounce.gif