VOI9 minus one.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:( Was walking back from the Phila Auto Show the other day and what do I see sitting out front of the Marriot but a beautiful VOI9 Viper. I use the term beautiful loosely because it looked horrible. They had a bid Gary Barbera sign strapped across the hood/windshield, a front tag holder with a Barbera tag on it and the chrome dealer plaque plastered to the back of it. The car looked like it had been sitting outside for months it was so dirty and had scuff marks on the side sills from people getting in and out. What a sin to treat such a beautiful car like this. :nono: I did love the White/Blue color combo with the black and blue interior. I have to say this is one of the few Gen III cars that I feel compare to my Sapphire/Silver Gen II GTS. I would love to have a VOI9 car in my garage next to my GTS and then you have Gary that is treating it like it is a used Caravan. I realize it is just a car but if I was in the market for a Viper I would not consider this car after seeing it being treated like it is some type of billboard.:mad: I guess it could have been worst, they could have painted Gary Barbera all over it like they did the Prowler he drives around in. I guess this is just another reason to buy your Viper from a forum supporting vendor. :D

For those that own VOI9 cars, you have one of the nicest color combo's out there. :2tu:

I also wanted to comment, why no Viper's at the Phila Auto Show? GM had their Zr-1 there which I may have to say looked awful nice in the Graphite paint with ebony and seinna leather interior. The girl talking about it was saying the 20" tires are the widest tires ever put on any production car. I always thought Viper tires were wider. She did say they were 20" 335's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get over it man. It is just a car. A nice one but to post about it honestly upsetting you, come on...
Would you want your new car treated like that before you bought it? Or would you rather buy from somebody like Woodhouse that stores all of their Vipers inside a locked warehouse and that have not been driven by every lot jockey. IMHO the break-in miles are the most important.

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have taken a picture so we all could have felt your pain:omg:
I would have but not have my camera with me. I hate when dealerships put their advertisement on their cars. I also hope they didn't put holes in the bumper for that tag holder. This dealership is know for painting their name all over cars the owner drives around.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would you want your new car treated like that before you bought it? Or would you rather buy from somebody like Woodhouse that stores all of their Vipers inside a locked warehouse and that have not been driven by every lot jockey. IMHO the break-in miles are the most important.
I am not sure how you go about shopping for a vehicle but before I spend my money on used vehicles I tend to go look them over. Had this car had any damage as you suggest other than dirt or paint scuffs which could be buffed out, I probably wouldn't care if the price was good. I may negotiate a detail or a price allowance though. What proof do you have that this vehicle is being driven by "every lot jockey..." Aren't we talking about a car you saw PARKED with a sign on it? How much business have YOU given to woodhouse anyway? I am aware of their policies though. I happen to be a past customer of theirs. Again, you are exaggerating the facts here Agent. You have no proof of who is putting miles on that car. Cars get dirty outside. It doesn't mean squat. Dirt is not rust and scuffs are not scratches. A license plate could have been put on by the previous owner as I am sure you know that a PA car dealer wouldn't have a need to install the front bracket plate. It is not required. Again, an assumption you got incorrect. The fact he is using the car as an advertisng tool shows me their acknowledging and respect for the cars looks. It can be washed, come down. Thanks.

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure how you go about shopping for a vehicle but before I spend my money on used vehicles I tend to go look them over. Had this car had any damage as you suggest other than dirt or paint scuffs which could be buffed out, I probably wouldn't care if the price was good. I may negotiate a detail or a price allowance though. What proof do you have that this vehicle is being driven by "every lot jockey..." Aren't we talking about a car you saw PARKED with a sign on it? How much business have YOU given to woodhouse anyway? I am aware of their policies though. I happen to be a past customer of theirs. Again, you are exaggerating the facts here Agent. You have no proof of who is putting miles on that car. Cars get dirty outside. It doesn't mean squat. Dirt is not rust and scuffs are not scratches. A license plate could have been put on by the previous owner as I am sure you know that a PA car dealer wouldn't have a need to install the front bracket plate. It is not required. Again, an assumption you got incorrect. The fact he is using the car as an advertisng tool shows me their acknowledging and respect for the cars looks. It can be washed, come down. Thanks.

Car was new, not pre-owned. Probably driven by owner/employees and will probably not be sold very cheap. Reason I say it was probably driven by every lot jockey is the dealership is a local dealer and has a terrible reputation. Tag holder was put on specifically for the Dealer Advertisment tag. If you are interested in the car I'll get you his number. And yes, I did give my business to a forum supporting vendor, wasn't Woodhouse but only because they did not have what I was looking for. I also joined the VCA...

Here is how a new Viper sale is supposed to go.
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/610827-my-08-delivery-house-wood.html

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car was new, not pre-owned. Probably driven by owner/employees and will probably not be sold very cheap. Reason I say it was probably driven by every lot jockey is the dealership is a local dealer and has a terrible reputation. Tag holder was put on specifically for the Dealer Advertisment tag. If you are interested in the car I'll get you his number. And yes, I did give my business to a forum supporting vendor, wasn't Woodhouse but only because they did not have what I was looking for. I also joined the VCA...

Here is how a new Viper sale is supposed to go.
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/610827-my-08-delivery-house-wood.html
To set the record straight, I just contacted a friend at Barbera's who basicly disagrees with most of what you stated regarding the condition of this car. It may be dirty because it is on display for the car show but the car is new with delivery only miles and free from damage as you may have suggested. The bracket is fastened through the front air dam so the implications that it has holes in the bumber are false too. This vehicle can be had for low 70's which I think is decent compared to what else it is up against as far as other VOI9's with 0 miles never MSO'd are at. Agent, I could care less who you gave your business to. Where did you assume I cared? I give my business, like any other intelligent person would here, to the person with the best selling price. Nice to see your a vca member. Care to explain the relevency of that as well Sport? For the record, the only other low mile voi9 in the country I knew of for sale had 370 miles in FL at a dealer. It is also a used car with an in service date I guess about a year ago and my friend just bought it making him the second owner. He paid a little less then what this new one could be had for. Doesn't sound too shabby to me.

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To set the record straight, I just contacted a friend at Barbera's who basicly disagrees with most of what you stated regarding the condition of this car. It may be dirty because it is on display for the car show but the car is new with delivery only miles and free from damage as you may have suggested. The bracket is fastened through the front air dam so the implications that it has holes in the bumber are false too. This vehicle can be had for low 70's which I think is decent compared to what else it is up against as far as other VOI9's with 0 miles never MSO'd are at. Agent, I could care less who you gave your business to. Where did you assume I cared? I give my business, like any other intelligent person would here, to the person with the best selling price. Nice to see your a vca member. Care to explain the relevency of that as well Sport? For the record, the only other low mile voi9 in the country I knew of for sale had 370 miles in FL at a dealer. It is also a used car with an in service date I guess about a year ago and my friend just bought it making him the second owner. He paid a little less then what this new one could be had for. Doesn't sound too shabby to me.

Sport??? What, now we are name calling? Funny, I too called and was quoted 78 for the car. If it is such good condition I say YOU buy it. Sure, maybe the scuffs will buff out and it may wash up. I was also told it had a little over 100 miles on it, about 100 more than I would like when buying a new viper. As far as the relevence of being a VCA member is to support this board that we "all" use. But it is just a car anyway right? Why should you join.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sport??? What, now we are name calling? Funny, I too called and was quoted 78 for the car. If it is such good condition I say YOU buy it. Sure, maybe the scuffs will buff out and it may wash up. I was also told it had a little over 100 miles on it, about 100 more than I would like when buying a new viper. As far as the relevence of being a VCA member is to support this board that we "all" use. But it is just a car anyway right? Why should you join.

Wow. Looks like Josh is up to his normal eloquence. AKA, v10kingsnake...

Hey agentf1, you're not the only one he seems to disagree with. Actually, I've hardly found anyone here at the VCA forum he does agree with. I think he's a god of self congregation.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you take offense to the Sport comment, Junior? :rolaugh: How many miles do you like seeing on a used one then? You did buy used, didn't you? Perhaps when you look at this as a used car it isn't so bad. I guess they quoted you 78 because you sounded like a sucker. I was told less. Agent, enjoy your VCA membership, I didn't realize it was a prerequisite for posting here. Oh wait.... I am right again, IT'S NOT.:rolaugh:

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will take issue with your quote Josh "that anyone here that is intelligent does business with the person with the best selling price."

This is just false, as many of us appreciate great service as well, and that does not always mean the lowest price. I for one believe Service still counts for soemthing. You get what you pay for.

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. Looks like Josh is up to his normal eloquence. AKA, v10kingsnake...

Hey agentf1, you're not the only one he seems to disagree with. Actually, I've hardly found anyone here at the VCA forum he does agree with. I think he's a god of self congregation.

I will take issue with your quote Josh "that anyone here that is intelligent does business with the person with the best selling price."

This is just false, as many of us appreciate great service as well, and that does not always mean the lowest price. I for one believe Service still counts for soemthing. You get what you pay for.

Yes, some people just don't get it.

Did you take offense to the Sport comment, Junior? :rolaugh: How many miles do you like seeing on a used one then? You did buy used, didn't you? Perhaps when you look at this as a used car it isn't so bad. I guess they quoted you 78 because you sounded like a sucker. I was told less. Agent, enjoy your VCA membership, I didn't realize it was a prerequisite for posting here. Oh wait.... I am right again, IT'S NOT.:rolaugh:

Or maybe they have a wheel they spin and whatever it lands on is the price they quote you on the phone. :rolleyes:

You are right, joining the VCA is not a prerequisite to posting here but it is the courteous thing to do, oh wait, it's obvious you know nothing about that.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I can agree with this. However, most places I have found that have great prices also have great service. That being said, if you have a guy like dealer x who isn't very personable willing to sell you the VOI9 coupe for 78k and one you love like Woodhouse selling for 82k, do you really expect me to believe your going with Woodhouse? I doubt it. Now if where talking similar dollars then I agree with the service aspect waivering my decision.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, some people just don't get it.

Or maybe they have a wheel they spin and whatever it lands on is the price they quote you on the phone. :rolleyes:

You are right, joining the VCA is not a prerequisite to posting here but it is the courteous thing to do, oh wait, it's obvious you know nothing about that.
The courteous thing to do...:rolaugh: You are a joke. .

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh and for the record, I bet I have put more dollars in the hands of supporting VCA vendors than every one of you combined. Since you think that means something I tossed it out there.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully the moderators and other VCA members will remember this thread the next time you ask for help or advice.
I have also given out more help to others then you ever have. Plus I attend and support the Viper Nationals as well. Do you? I don't recall seeing you around there:) Perhaps you should drop this Agent. :crazy2:

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have also given out more help to others then you ever have. Plus I attend and support the Viper Nationals as well. Do you? I don't recall seeing you around there:) Perhaps you should drop this Agent. :crazy2:

Ooooooooo, I'm impressed. Join the VCA cheapskate.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In-service date means nothing to me... Infact, on the VOI9's I was looking at.. The ones with the EARLIEST in-service dates. Were the nicest cars out there. Because they would bought/delivered IMMEDIATELY. And the owners took them home, and provided the TLC, the car deserved..

The ones out there with LATE in-service dates, or MSO cars. Were sitting, and/or being "dealer demo'd". Why? Probably because the dealer wanted $10k over. Now, I have not seen the G.Barbera car, so I cant comment directly. But I loked at other VOI9's. That had been "weathered" from sitting so long. Some were outside!!! Yes, still on MSO. But most had mileage in the "hundreds" and were most likely dealer demo's.. NOt EXACTLY what I was looking for..

In summary, In service date isnt how to buy a car.. You can always buy a Max. Care for what? $1-$2k?? CURRENT condition is much more important to me, anyway..

Not to get off track, but its just like mileage... I have seen cars with 2,000 miles on them, thats were BEAT..But my 2001 GTS with 14k, looked brand new.. Its all about the care taken during ownership. And some dealers (Woodhouse not Included) dont have the time, or desire to worry about how 1 car is being stored and/or driven.. Believe me, I know.. I worked at a large Ford dealer. And could share some "stories" of how Ive seen some of these cars being driven.

Last edited:

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In-service date means nothing to me... Infact, on the VOI9's I was looking at.. The ones with the EARLIEST in-service dates. Were the nicest cars out there. Because they would bought/delivered IMMEDIATELY. And the owners took them home, and provided the TLC, the car deserved..

The ones out there with LATE in-service dates, or MSO cars. Were sitting, and/or being "dealer demo'd". Why? Probably because the dealer wanted $10k over. Now, I have not seen the G.Barbera car, so I cant comment directly. But I loked at other VOI9's. That had been "weathered" from sitting so long. Some were outside!!! Yes, still on MSO. But most had mileage in the "hundreds" and were most likely dealer demo's.. NOt EXACTLY what I was looking for..

In summary, In service date isnt how to buy a car.. You can always buy a Max. Care for what? $1-$2k?? CURRENT condition is much more important to me, anyway..
What do you know about these cars anyway Jr?:rolaugh:

ps. RJ, call me.;) Oh and make sure you join the VCA too cheap skate.LOLOLOLOL

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well here we go again....another ****** match started by Josh.....at least he is good at somenthing. :) Owing to his rep I would pay 4 thousand dollars more for a car at Woodhouse than to pay less at a place Josh recommends. Reminds me of 56LesPaul.

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agentf1, i understand how you feel. i get pissed when i see these cars mistreated as well. i wish your protaganist would have just kept his IROC and gold chains and joined some other club.

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agentf1, i understand how you feel. i get pissed when i see these cars mistreated as well. i wish your protaganist would have just kept his IROC and gold chains and joined some other club.

:2tu: I agree, and judging from this post and my PM box so do a lot of other people. :lmao:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also called on the VOI9 Viper. I was told that it was going to be purchased on a Bid Process. Highest get the car....I passed, don't need that type of BS to purchase a Viper.....

By the way....I have a VOI9 with Delivery Miles of 5 if your interested.....

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At first I was :eater::eater::eater::eater: Then I thought :hitfan: when v10 boy

:owned: agent. V10 boy sure can :poke:. I started :D when you to

yahoo's were telling each other who spent more:money:. You to almost need to go and

:box:. So maybe you to should just quit:spank: and :kiss:and be friends, and maybe one day you tw could meet and :beer:. Am I asking to much:dunno: ok then how about a:hug:.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At first I was :eater::eater::eater::eater: Then I thought :hitfan: when v10 boy

yahoo's were telling each other who spent more:money:. You to almost need to go and

:box:. So maybe you to should just quit:spank: and :kiss:and be friends, and maybe one day you tw could meet and :beer:. Am I asking to much:dunno: ok then how about a:hug:.

WOW.....wwaaayyyyyy too much time thought out with that post!!! Funny anyway!!!:2tu::2tu::headbang::headbang:

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He started it. j/k ;) :lmao: Seriously, I harbor no ill feelings for Josh and think I have even invited him to join us at our Ridley Creek State Park hangouts when we have them. If by some slim chance I didn't I am offering that invitation now. I am always interested in meeting fellow viper owners. :2tu:

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also called on the VOI9 Viper. I was told that it was going to be purchased on a Bid Process. Highest get the car....I passed, don't need that type of BS to purchase a Viper.....

By the way....I have a VOI9 with Delivery Miles of 5 if your interested.....
Are you a dealer? I wish I was in the market for a VOI9 car but not in the budget right now.