Voltage Booster Help

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am attempting to install my voltage booster prior to Saturday so I can make the Buhler Dodge meet without having to fill up on 100 octane. The problem is I have a used MSD box originally installed by Heffner on a friend’s car. The great folks at ROE were nice enough to send me their instructions, which I am working off of. The only problem is Heffner used different terminals on the relay and some of the wires are missing. This is par for the course since it is used but I was hoping someone on here could help me prior to Saturday. The four main connections as I see them, are as follows:

1. PCM wire - Dark Blue wire w/ Grey stripe tapped into, and connected to pin 86 on the relay.
2. PCM wire - Brown wire w/ violet stripe cut and the end closest to the connector, connected to pin 85 on the relay.
3. Red wire from MSD to Green wire w/ white stripe in rear fender well, (connecting the cut wire closest to the front of the car to the MSD wire)
4. Black wire from MSD to Black wire w/ tan stripe in rear fender well (connecting the cut wire closest to the front of the car to the MSD wire)

Does all this sound right or am I reading the instructions wrong? Any help today would be greatly appreciated.
:2tu:

OP
OP
B

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now that I have pushed farther, I have found another issue. The instructions do not tell which pins are used on the relay for power. My guess is the MSD Box connects to pin #30 and the battery connects to pin #87? Can someone check and see if I am correct on this? Thanks in advance.

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On the relay pin # 86 is Switched power,# 85 goes to the PCM pin # 19 Brown/violet. pin # 30 is switched power to MSD and pin # 87 is power from Battery. I think you have it.

OP
OP
B

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brad, thanks for the response. I am going to button it up today and fill up with some nice 94. Aside from having the pump go on when you turn the key, is there any other indication that the MSD is working?