Volunteers needed!

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
emailed 04/21/2011
That’s right, our club needs volunteers!

As you all know I have temporarily taken over as acting President of the South Central Region, while I have several drives that we can do every month and am working on a large event for this fall, over the years I have heard many comments that you, the members, want to diversify the events. You want to do something different. I NEED your help to do this. I am only one guy, and I have my own idea what is fun to do with my cars. I rarely detail it, I rarely race it, I do however go to local non-franchised car shows and enjoy carving up curvy back roads with my beautiful girlfriend by my side. (Shameless attempt at brownie points)

Many of you are not into the back country twisty roads and such. I understand that, but I need help putting together things you do want to do. If you have an idea but do not want to put together the event, that is fine. All it takes is a push and someone can run with it. There are so many things we can do besides driving the back roads and eating lunch, I just need YOUR help with it. I stated on my first day that Participation and Communication were going to be the key to bring life back into this club. Without those two components we don’t have a need for anything else. So please increase your own and encourage other’s participation and communication. Within a few events you will witness enthusiasm in the club you have not seen for years, guaranteed.

We are hitting the slow season for the Vipers with the triple digit heat, it will be an uphill battle to accomplish increased participation during this season, but it can be done. With your help that is.

Keep the emails flowing, keep the forums buzzing, and above all keep coming out to each and every event. Make it even more fun by volunteering to organize an event, it doesn’t have to be a drive, it doesn’t have to be the second Saturday of the month. If you want a month let me know, if you want to shoot out an idea, let me know. Make this YOUR club with continued involvement.

As a reminder May 14th is the drive to Hennessey Performance in Sealy, TX. Make sure to mark your calendar, take the day off, call a sitter, and cancel the in-laws visit, anything that may stand in your way of this special event. See you all out there and again thank you for being members of this great club.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm up for a drive & pool party afterwards....

9:00am - leave on drive
10:30am - get gas
12:00pm - Eat
1:30pm - get gas/leave for drive back
3:00pm - get gas
4:00pm - swim, party, BBQ, BS, etc. till whenever... (stop at home, grab kids & daily driver if desired)

I live in Selma - pretty good location for many runs - could even do twisted sisters in the alloted time.

Reply if there is interest. I'd love to do a drive combined with a social during/afterwards.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So...what did Eddie volunteer for? Adult beverages at every event?

No, but I am working on a NO2 bottle/beer dispenser contraption. Trying to talk Kurt into using his GTS as the prototype - would be like draft beer utilizing the purge circuit....

Still in concept presently.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm up for a drive & pool party afterwards....

9:00am - leave on drive
10:30am - get gas
12:00pm - Eat
1:30pm - get gas/leave for drive back
3:00pm - get gas
4:00pm - swim, party, BBQ, BS, etc. till whenever... (stop at home, grab kids & daily driver if desired)

I live in Selma - pretty good location for many runs - could even do twisted sisters in the alloted time.

Reply if there is interest. I'd love to do a drive combined with a social during/afterwards.

I'm in. Have Houston coming up soon, we can talk with them, they are chompin at the bit for Twisted Sisters

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, just please don't include that Vodka that we had at Kurt's...anything but that...