Vortech Supercharger...

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Heffner and SVSi the only ones who use the Vortech supercharger? How do these units differ from the Paxton or is it just personal preference? Is one better than the other?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To my knowledge Heffner hasn't used a Vortech head unit in some time. The Novi 2000 has proven to be hard to beat.

DynoDaddy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do a search on the mustang forums. They use the same superchargers. The Novi has proved very troublesome to some users. Search corral.net. Hundreds of folks have used the Strim T-Trim, JT trim, YSI as well as the Novi 1K 2K ect.

Vortech bought paxton about a year ago. So they are all the same company nowadays..

Built 2 Go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back my 93 Viper from the Paxton/Vortech plant 3 weeks ago. They used it to develop/build a Supercharger for Gen I's. I was given a tour of the complete plant which is located in Oxnard.
Dynodaddy is correct, Vortech and Paxton are together in the plant and owned by Vortech. There plant is state of the art and immuculate. The engineer that designed the Paxton Suercharger for my GenI was a Vortech Engineer. Paxton/Vortech are Outstanding Supercharging units, at least on my Viper. My Gen I runs great with their Novi 2000 unit & their inter-cooler.

For what it's worth, both Roe and Paxton are Great units! Each unit is designed different when it comes to specific rpm/curve power range. When set up correctly, both are in my opinion, the best thing since slice bread. What a feeling to drive a Supercharged Viper!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back my 93 Viper from the Paxton/Vortech plant 3 weeks ago. They used it to develop/build a Supercharger for Gen I's. I was given a tour of the complete plant which is located in Oxnard.
Dynodaddy is correct, Vortech and Paxton are together in the plant and owned by Vortech. There plant is state of the art and immuculate. The engineer that designed the Paxton Suercharger for my GenI was a Vortech Engineer. Paxton/Vortech are Outstanding Supercharging units, at least on my Viper. My Gen I runs great with their Novi 2000 unit & their inter-cooler.

For what it's worth, both Roe and Paxton are Great units! Each unit is designed different when it comes to specific rpm/curve power range. When set up correctly, both are in my opinion, the best thing since slice bread. What a feeling to drive a Supercharged Viper!

So did they give you a free unit and install for the use of your car? :2tu: :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery